My Little Hickey

Cam walked into the living room after his aunt Stephanie and decided he should have been a bit more shocked to see Kimmy and Ramona with their hair tied in a ponytail under their chins. “Hey.” Stephanie greeted as Kimmy walked past them, also noticing the fashion choice.

Kimmy made a sassy pose, “All the cool kids are doing it.” She claimed before walking away.

“So… Well, see ya, Stephanie, Cam.” Ramona said nervously before bolting towards the stairs.

Stephanie and Cam shared a look before yelling over their shoulders, “See ya, hickey.” Making Ramona stop and turn to face them.

“How did you know?” Ramona cried out.

“Oh, please. I am the queen of hiding hickeys.” Stephanie claimed. “Who do you think invented the turtleneck bikini? You know, I can’t believe the Neck-Kini never caught on. Might have been the tan lines.”

“It’s always fun watched Allie frantically cover hers while yelling at me before she leaves to meet up with her family.” Cameron laughed as the three of them sat on the couch.

“Will you please help me cover this up?” Ramona begged.

“Sure, we got ya.” Stephanie said.

“I don’t know how much help I will be, but sure, I can try and help.” Cam shrugged, getting thankful looks from the girls.

“Thanks, guys. You know, you’re the coolest She-Wolf in the pack.” Ramona said.

“Yeah.” Cam agreed, “You let us get away with a lot more stuff than our moms ever will.”

“Oh, why thank you.” Stephanie said happily. “You know, I’ve always said that.”

“Oh. Can you please not tell my mom about it?” Ramona asked, making Stephanie hesitate.

“Well… if it’s really important to you, I won’t tell her. But I definitely think you should.”

“Did you tell your dad about your first hickey?” Ramona asked.

“Oh, god, no. I’d still be grounded.” Stephanie exclaimed, making Cam snicker.

“How did Allie’s parents react when they found out about her hickeys?” Ramona asked Cam.

Cam shrugged, “Nothing really. Ollie punched me in the shoulder and warned me not to do anything like that in front of him. But that was it.”

“Well, then I can’t tell my mom.” Ramona said, referring to Stephanie’s excuse. “She’ll want to have a hickey talk, and then a boy talk, and a ‘your-growing-up’ talk. And then she’ll sing that corny song.” She explained in distress. “Your body is a changing. Oh, no, awkward. Your parts are rearranging. Your armpits now have hair.” She sung awkwardly.

“I can imagine Kimmy, Fernando, and DJ all singing that song to us, and it will haunt my nightmares.” Cam muttered before walking into the kitchen and seeing Jackson and his Summer School friends all in the kitchen. The guys were at the table playing table hockey with breadsticks and an Oreo while Rocki, the one girl, was watching them make fools of themselves from the kitchen.

“Hey, Rocki, right?” Cam asked the girl as he stood next to her and helped himself to an Oreo.

“Who are you?” Rocki asked.

“Cameron. Jackson’s older brother.”

“I feel sorry for you.” Rocki said.

“What’s he gonna do? Junking the defenders. He lines up the Oreo, he goes. He shoots, and he scores!” Jackson celebrates with his friends as he shoots the Oreo into one of his friends' mouths, aka the goal.