Nutcrackers

“Okay, Operation Surprise Photo for DJ is a go. I wanna see Christmas spirit, and I wanna see Yuletide cheer.” Jimmy announced as Fernando, dressed as Santa, sat in an armchair in front of their massive Christmas tree. Tommy and Max sat on each of his knees while Jackson and Cam were standing behind the sofa all with their own Santa hats on their heads. Cosmo was sat to the side of the armchair with antlers on.

“What’s the difference between Christmas spirit and Yuletide cheer?” Jackson asked as Stephanie moved over to Allie, who was watching by the couch.

“I also wanna see a silent night.” Jimmy pointed out, moving to the camera.

“Can we hurry this up? It’s 100 degrees in this suit.” Fernando begged. “Ny chestnuts are roasting on an open fire.”

“Come on, you guys, let’s get this done before Kimmy comes home with DJ.” Stephanie told them.

Just in time, Kimmy walks in with DJ.

“Here we go, see, it’s great.” Kimmy said before seeing they weren’t done, “Uh oh, DJ, don’t walk through this door.”

“Why can’t I walk through the d…” DJ trailed off seeing the photo setup and gasping, “Oh, Mylanta, you’re taking a family photo! Oh, okay, I was never here. But since I am…” She rushed over, taking her own Santa hat from her bag and standing between Jackson and Cam. “Allie, get in here!” DJ beckoned her over.

“Oh, no. It’s a family photo.” Allie tried to deny.

“And you’re basically my daughter. I always keep two handy in December.” DJ said, referring to the Santa hat she pulled out her bag and gave one to her son’s girlfriend.

Cam happily wrapped his arm around his smiling girlfriend as she stood next to him, “Okay, everybody say ‘Cheese log’.” Kimmy told them.

“Cheese log!” Everyone chorused, smiling at the camera.

“Can you send me the picture?” Cam asked Jimmy, making him nod.

“Oh, email me one of those, too. I wanna send it to Matt in India.” DJ claimed. “Who has a dad that lives in India?”

“Uh, I’m guessing a lot of Indians.” Stephanie pointed out.

“It’s always open!”  Cam called out as the doorbell rang.

“Hey, you guys.” Steve greeted as he walked in with CJ and her daughter behind him. “Okay, we’ve got an after-hour sick pet situation.”

“This is my daughter, Rose, and this is her bunny rabbit, Jack, who’s not feeling so good.” CJ introduced her daughter, who was the same age as Max and was holding a white bunny.

“Jack and Rose.” Allie pointed out with a smile.

“I named him after Jack from Titanic. It’s my all-time favourite movie.” Rose smiled.

“Oh, Titanic is Max’s favourite movie too, isn’t it Max?” DJ asked.

Max was too busy staring at Rose lovingly.

“I know that look.” Allie smiled, teasing her boyfriend.

“So do I.” Cam claimed, pinching her side.

“So, what’s wrong with your rabbit?” DJ asked after her son stayed silent.

“He won’t eat.” Rose said.

“You hear that, DJ. He won’t eat.” Steve said dramatically. “I have no idea what that’s like, but I mean… it sounds serious.”

“Well, I am happy to watch him overnight.” DJ said, picking Jack up and holding him in front of Cosmo, “You don’t mind having a little friend over, do you, Cosmo? Oh, and when you come back tomorrow to pick up Jack, Max and Rose can have a playdate.” She offered. “Would you guys like that?”