Doggy Daddy

Cam was sat reading his book in the alcove under the stairs in the living room, Stephanie reading her own books in her pyjamas on the couch before Ramona and Kimmy started moving the couch and the side table to the back of the living room.

“Hey, hey, hey… Where is my couch going?” Stephanie asked. “This is my lazy Sunday.”

“As opposed to your lazy Monday through Saturday?” Kimmy asked, picking up the coffee table with Ramona and moving it off to the side.

“It just so happens that I have a very hectic life.”

“Everyone in this house has a hectic life.” Cam snorted, not looking up from his book.

“Today, I’m relaxing with my rock star biographies. I’ve got Tina Turner and Janis Joplin and Ariana Grande. It’s mostly pictures.” Stephanie said, holding up the books.

“Sorry, but Ramona needs the room for her big audition world-renowned dance couch, Signor Giuseppe Pignoli.” Kimmy stated.

“Isn’t he the dude from Strictly Come Dancing?” Cam asked, getting a nod from Ramona.

“If he likes me, he’s my ticket to San Francisco School of the Arts.” Ramona exclaimed. “Giuseppe’s the best. When he took on Miley Cyrus, she could barely even twerk.”

“Oh, thanks for moving the furniture. More room for Tommy’s playdate.” DJ said, walking into the room with Tommy on her hip.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, what playdate? I need the living room.” Ramona interrupted.

“Oh, so do I.” DJ said. “I have two toddlers coming over from our Mommy and Me group. I need Tommy to make some friends.”

“Can 1-year-olds really make friends?” Stephanie asked. “I mean, they have the vocabulary of a carrot.”

“Show her you’re not a carrot.” DJ told Tommy, only for him to stay quiet and stare at them, “Okay, he’s a carrot.” DJ gave in.

“Why don’t you take the playdate into the kitchen and let Ramona use the living room?” Cam suggested, getting nods from everyone.

“Okay, chickens, welcome to your new home.” Max opened the door wearing some overalls and pulling in three chickens on his red waggon. “A little help here?” Max asked, not able to get the waggon down the stairs without help.

“Uh, Max. What are those?” DJ asked as Cam went to help his brother.

“Wow, you really did grow up in the city.” Max exclaimed. “They’re chickens. The goofy one is Joey, the one with the big beak is Danny, and the one with the Elvis hair is Jesse.”

“I meant, how did you get them?” DJ clarified.

“Fernando took me to the chicken store. It’s a part of my One Kid Can Make A Difference project. We talked about this.” Max said.

“We talked about you starting a little backyard sustainable farm.” DJ pointed out.

“You can’t have a farm without chickens.” Max said.

“Yeah, ask Old McDonald.” Cam shrugged, kneeling down to take a closer look at the chickens.

“He had a cluck, cluck everywhere.” Max nodded.

Fernando sighed as he walked through the front door, closing it behind him, “I did not know until today that a chicken could get car sick.”

“Did you buy Max three chickens without my permission?” DJ questioned Fernando.

“Actually, I bought four. But I opened the sunroof without thinking. So much for chicken Becky.” Fernando winced before going to his daughter, “Hola, hijita, are you ready for your big audition?"