22.

I heard an engine rev and my head shot up from the bacon strips that I was placing on my plates. I wiped my hands on my apron then rid myself of it and proceeded to the door. I carefully opened the door and met Brec with a cheery smile plastered on her face.

My eyes scanned her outfit, ripped dark blue denim jeans matched with a baggy gray t-shirt that was halfway tucked into her jeans. Her hair tumbled down her face in wild waves, which she had flipped. Her black combat boots caught my attention. She looked badass and I was impressed. My gaze lingered a little more on her fine hips before realizing I was staring. Reverting my gaze, I flickered my eyes to the mini basket in her hands and my brows shot up in a questioning manner.

She cleared her throat upon realizing my curiosity and stared at the basket in her hands, "can I come in?"

I nodded and moved away a little to grant her access into my home. She smiled at me before moving past me, her boots thudding on the floor. Her floral scent hit my nose and I couldn't help but savor the scent. It smelt so innocent and natural.

"Do you-uh, have a kitchen?" She turned to face me and I threw a pointed look at her.

No, I didn't have a kitchen, I had an empty space where food magically appeared. How ridiculous. I rolled my eyes at her and her cheeks turned bright pink. My guess was she had figured it was a dumb question to ask.

"Sorry, that came out wrong. I meant w-"

I cut her off by walking away. I knew she'd follow, which was expected. I was going to save her the words and just lead her to the kitchen. I heard her steps behind me as I walked into the neat space and settled myself behind the counter. I placed my hands on the surface and leaned into it, watching her step into the kitchen from my peripheral view. I slowly raised my head and turned to meet her eyes going over the simply designed well maintained kitchen of mine. I tilted my head, observing every slight flicker her eyes would make with narrowed eyes.

Her eyes landed on the plate of food and they rose to meet mine. I knew what she was going to ask so I just nodded to answer her. She found the apron laid on the counter and nodded to herself. She moved her eyes to land on my hands that were supporting my weight and I saw her tongue dart out and slide against her pink lips. Was there something on my arms?

She noticed I had caught her staring and lowered her head in embarrassment. "I-uh... your cupcakes. I baked them last night and iced them this morning. Where can I keep 'em?" I motioned at the counter and she obeyed, her sudden awkward being highly prominent.

I was quietly staring at her with a blank mind. If only she knew what she had done to me last night and this morning. If only she knew how much she was beginning to affect me. I lowered my gaze and blinked. Memories of how I had touched myself to images of her naked body etched onto my mind, clouded my head and I looked to my left with a pained expression. I needed to stop.

"Are you okay?" Her soft voice was velvety, tender and captivating. I looked up to find her leaned against the counter, her orbs housing worry. My hands itched to caress her smooth face. I shook away the thoughts and just nodded at her slowly. "You sure?" I nodded again and she nodded gently, "well try one and tell me what you think. I made a lot for you and I to eat on the road." She offered me that gorgeous smile of hers that always melted my heart.

I sighed deeply in an attempt to gather my scattered thoughts. I eyed the basket and made my way to her side. She watched me eagerly as I dipped my hand into the basket and fetched a cupcake. Shooting her a final stare, I looked over the cupcake with hollow eyes.

I had to admit it looked really nice and enticing. I gave her another glance which made her nudge her head gingerly at me. I gently sank my teeth into it and my brows raised in surprise. It was so soft and had the perfect mixture of ingredients. I really liked it. I took another bite and a low groan escaped. It had been ages since I last had anything cake. I hadn't expected her to actually bake them for me and I wasn't going to turn them down if they hadn't tasted nice. I was still going to eat them, after all, she had made them for me.