004.

it was a friday,
five days after the whole thing in the kitchen. valerie's and ashtray hadn't spoken much. but the group had hung out every day like usual.

so there valerie laid, on her bed with her purple l.e.d lights the only thing keeping her room from being pitch black.

it was 11:34pm.

she was building a super mario lego set in peace, until she felt her phone buzz.
and then again.

it was a snapchat notification.

val flipped her phone over knowing somebody sent a chat.
she didn't know it was going to be ashtray,
making her eyebrows furrow as she unlocked her phone.

ashtray
wyd

valerie
nm

ashtray
come over then

valerie
my dad will fucking kill me

ashtray
not if i do first because of ur lack of ability to sneak out and come the fuck over?

valerie
omw👎
ashtrays hearted this chat

-

valerie as quiet as she could opened her window, successfully escaping her home with out a sound.

it took her almost fifteen minutes trying to navigate in the dark, but she made it to the boys house where every light was still on.

she knocked on the door, being told to come in by a raspy voice that didn't sound like ashtrays.

valerie was wearing black sweatpants and a grey hoodie, her hood wasn't up anymore because every bruise had faded except on her nose and the yellow bruise in her upper eye corner.

"yo." fezco nodded his head as he continued watching shark tank on his tv.
valerie had watched that show over and over again.

fezco took notice of the girl who was fixated on the tv as she took her shoes off.
"you seen this show?" he turned his head towards her.

"sharks are her favorite animal." ashtray walks out of the kitchen with a red bull in his hand.

instead of valerie being confused about why he was drinking an energy drink at almost midnight, she was confused on the drink of choice.

"celsius's are better highkey." she plopped down on the couch next to fezco who had a smirk on his face.

"i've never had em'" ashtray sat next to her.
valerie's, and fezcos head whipped towards the boy.

"nah, that's a problem." she grabbed the boys hand, leading him off the couch and towards the door. "what the hell? where we finna go?" ashtray slips in his shoes as val does the same.

"to go get one." she grabs his keys.
"grab me one too!" fez called out, they both threw a thumbs up, walking out the door.

"you're odd." ashtray sat in the drivers seat as val goes in the passenger.
"you're odd. red bulls are bad for you" she shot back with a smile.

"celsius's aren't?" he sassily with a grin on his lips. "not as!" valerie laughed, making ashtray laugh.

it was then he released learning to care for the girl wasn't going to be so
hard after all.

"hey, why'd you wanna hang anyway?" she spoke after the laughter calmed down.
ashtray shrugged his shoulders, knowing this is where he was going to tell her.

"wanna go for a drive?" he asked, knowing this could be a lengthy talk.
she nodded, turning off her phone as she caught the hint.

"im tryna get you away from yo dad shawty." ashtray glanced at her and back at the road.

she sighed.
"you know i can't do that." val shook her head, looking out the window.
"i know, but i can be the one who gets you out the house, helps you avoid all that fucked stuff. you gotta shitty ass family."
ashtray explained.

it felt wrong to say.
these words, this type of situation, explains to a girl he just met a week ago that he wanted to help her ..? wasn't his second, or third, or forth, or fifth, or any thing in his nature at all.

"real talk?" she raised her eyebrows.
nobody besides sierra had cared for her that much. even if it was only a little.

ashtray nodded.
"i guess im chill wit dat." val shrugged her shoulders.

a moment of silence.
"so how you liking the group?"
"took me a second to get used to, but i fuck wit y'all." val nodded her head.
-

ashtrayoneil: don't make it weird bruh

ashtrayoneil: don't make it weird bruh. @belikevalerie liked by coltengreen and 5,495 others..

marcustj: where was my invite🤔🖕
maddyperez: my favorite freshman😈
^ ashtrayoneil: ion even go to school
belikevalerie: ashs never had a celcius😁
^jaygotbtches: what the fuck
^troymckay: nah that's bizarre
^ katieluvsyouu: WTF
^ruebennett: say sike rn
^ashtrayoneil: srsly😐

tap to view more..
-