022. pt 3

valerie ran as fast as she could down to the beach she knew ashtray was probably kissing another girl on.

the sun was already set due to how long she had been crying in the bathroom.
she was right, ashtray was talking to britney who was all bruised and cut up.

"ashtray, i need to talk to you!" valerie exclaimed making him turn around in confusion.

"what?" he shook his head in annoyance, rather doing anything else but talking to her.

"i was denying him, i told him i came with you! i was just trying to be polite so i tried to smile, that's why it looked like i wasn't telling him off! i saw you, i tried to follow you but when i came back you were on top of that girl and-"

"valerie stop it." ashtray stared at her, a bunch of feelings overwhelming his head.
"i found your necklace ash, i still have it."
val opened her hand, desperately trying to prove herself.

"what-you- you laughing?" is all ashtray managed to get out. "i was nervous bruh." valerie signed, her shoulders finally relaxing.

ashtray took her hand, leading her to around a secluded corner where nobody was watching.

"are you serious about all of this? you aren't lying?" he clarified in complete shock.
"a hundred percent."

ashtray turned around for a moment, trying to collect himself and all of his emotions.
"what about jay, and marcus today?"

"jay? what do you mean jay, i only kissed marcus because i saw you kissing britney."
valerie shook her head in confusion.

"i saw you two, right here. you guys were hugging and shit." ashtray furrowed his eyebrows.

val's eyes softened.
"no, i was upset because i saw you laughing with her. he was just helping me."

ashtray stared at the girl, trying to process everything.

"i like you ashtray, i always have." valerie shook her head. ashtray sighed, sitting down on the bench.

"i don't like you valerie." he shook his head.
"what?" she furrowed her eyebrows.
"i love you." ashtray looked up at her, making her lips slightly part in shock.

every moment she had with ashtray,
flashing before her eyes. the good, the bad.
it didn't matter.

he was in her life. he kept her alive.

and the truth is, that night, when she brought him food, valerie was planning on ending her life when she got home.

but ashtray, it was ashtray who showed her there was still hope in finding happiness.
that's why that night was so important and constantly brought up.

"i love you too." she bit her lip, ashtray stood up realizing how important this moment actually was.

and this was forever.
there was no other girls any more.
it was just valerie. and that was perfectly fine with him.

he grabbed her cheek, pulling her in as their lips pressed against one another's.
the didn't disconnect for a good while, knowing how long it's actually been since they've done this.