4 Come With Me

After buying basically all the money making business from your village; the bakery and the milkman were literally the only people with some kind of wealth, everything else you got from merchants, fabric you used for sewing, clothes, different kinds of food… Now that you think about it, the kingdom really couldn't have been far, for merchants from the big city often came through your village and selled a few stuff. The dark haired boy in his silk button up walked slowly back to the square, to let his servant leading the poor animal rest by the carriages.

As the crowd settled on the square once again, you found a familiar figure standing amongst all the people. “Da!” you called out and waved your hand at him. He noticed and tried to make his way though the crowd with his staff.

“There you are. I got worried, you weren't coming back for a long time.”

You sheepishly smiled in return, not realizing so much time had passed already. “Sorry. But the prince came and we all stopped by to look,” you explained.

Your father's eyebrow quirked up. “Again? Didn't you tell me about his coming only some days ago, too?”

It was true, so you nodded as an answer. You told him about his visit that one time, but left out the part about the royal son asking you to be his maid; your father didn't need to know everything detail, right? He was already a lot surprised, asking you why would he come here ad if you knew the answer, but you had figured out he probably just stopped during his way back to the kingdom from some other city because he was hungry. Your father couldn't hide his surprise now, too.

“Why did he come again?”

You shrugged your shoulders, standing on your tiptoes to get a better look at the boy who was now the main topic of every conversation in the village. He was standing by the carriage he came in, next to the cow, talking to his servant. “But he bought the old man's cow, and also the bakery. Well, partly bought the bakery, but yeah,” you told him, watching his eyebrow travel even further up his forehead to the point you thought it would get lost even in his receding hairline.

“Bought the cow? And the bakery?”

“Yeah, look,” you said as you pointed with your finger in front of you, at the brown animal with white spots, “there's the cow, he's taking it with him. And he bought the bakery, but the baker will still be able to keep some of the money.”

“That's interesting,” commented your father, pursing his mouth together as he leaned on his staff. “ Unheard of, even,” he continued mumbling about the unusual situation.

You noticed some of the people began walking away; watching the prince talk to his servant probably ceased being interesting for them and they had house chores to do still, no use wasting a whole day looking at the man. Although, you didn't find it to be such a wasted time. Surprised at yout own thoughts, you had to admit he was handsome and that you didn't mind all that much just simply looking at him, with his raven hair, dark, captivating eyes, his demeanor which held so much power simply by the pose as he stood… It was attractive, the way he was intimidating.

No! You slapped your cheeks, to which your father looked at you questioningly, yet amused by your foolish actions. But you couldn't possibly think of someone like him like that… or could you? You didn't want to do anything with him, just… appreciate how nature gifted him.

There weren't any boys worth looking at in your village, anyway, so who could blame a girl?

“So what's happening now?” questioned your father, although you almost didn't hear it through your daydreaming. Replaying his words in your mind to fully comprehend them, you finally replied with another shrug of shoulders.