43. Get Ready To Dine

"You have two left feet," Milan said from the couch, trying hard to hold in his laughter.

"I already told you I wasn't cut out for dancing," I said through clenched teeth.

The dinner was drawing near and I got curious about the dancing and food that would be included. When Sang said he liked dancing and Milan mentioned that he learned Karysian dances so he could participate in cultural festivals, I got even more curious. Sang, to sate my curiosity, offered to teach me a thing or two and I stupidly agreed, completely forgetting that I could be very clumsy. I never imagined that Sang could move his body the way he could. But then again, he was perfect.

Sang tugged on my hand to pull me close to him. "Ignore him. You're a bit awkward, but it's because you're doubting your movements. You got all the steps right. Just make them with a little more confidence."

"I don't have confidence," I whined.

"Zedikai, try. I'll do it with you this time so you can see how my steps and yours come together."

I took a deep breath to calm myself but tensed when Sang put his hands on my waist from behind me. "W-What are you doing?"

"Relax. We start out this way, and then on the first turn, we face each other. On each turn, do a one-eighty instead of a three-sixty like we had practised before. Ready? We'll do it slowly and you can speed up when you think you've got it down."

Milan started the music from his phone. I nodded and at his countdown, I started performing the steps he had been teaching me for the past half hour. It helped that Sang was keeping count out loud so I wouldn't lose rhythm.

It was out of my comfort zone to dance, but I knew my comfort zone was extremely small. I hadn't experienced much but if I didn't willingly leave my comfortable little bubble, I was going to be forcefully shoved out of it sooner or later.

"See? You're doing it," Sang said with a smile as we faced each other. "Ready to go faster?"

I nodded. "Just a little faster."

We must have spent over two hours dancing and messing around. When Aubyn came back from the gym with Coen, they joined us. We only stopped when Milan and I were sweaty and dehydrated. My stomach hurt from all the laughter and I had to say that it was a blessing getting to watch Aubyn dance. He had this big smile on his face that I wanted to stare at the whole time.

"I have no idea why Sang would teach you that dance first, but watching you move with him was hypnotizing," Aubyn whispered in my ear almost making me choke on my water. For someone who claimed to not be good at English, he sure had a way with words.

He was right though. When Sang was first teaching it to me, we were side by side, and I didn't know it was a partner dance or that sexy of one until he said he'd dance with me. Our bodies moving together made me realize just how sensual the dance really was to the point where I felt a bit guilty when Aubyn came and saw us. But he hadn't said anything to make me believe he didn't approve.

Aubyn really was attractive. I couldn't believe my luck scoring someone like him of all people. He wasn't just physically attractive. His personality made him so perfect that I felt miles beneath him. Like I had told Rikki, I almost wished he had a flaw. Perfect people were too good for this world. But then again, he wasn't from this world.

"You have been staring at me so much lately," Aubyn said, shrugging out of his robe the next evening. The dinner was starting soon and we were getting ready. Or, rather, Aubyn was getting ready and I was laying on the bed half naked and watching him do so.

"It isn't a crime to adore art."

Aubyn chuckled. "Cheesy."

I stuck my tongue out at him.