one

aina's pov.

the bell rang as i stood up from my seat. it has been two years now that i have been living with my housemate, emily.

packing my stuffs, i heard my phone ringing from under my desk.

crazy bestie.
done with ur class? i'll wait outside. make sure you bring your umbrella along. it's raining outside.

i cast a glance out of the window. "it is raining." i muttered to myself. the class was already quiet, since all that was there was me by myself.

as i slowly walked downstairs, i saw emily on a bench, practising her voice on a new song that i had never heard her sing before.

"hey." i nudged her shoulders using my elbow. her smile lit up as soon as her eyes met mine. she was always like a sister to me.

"hey. took you long enough to show up." she laughed. this girl doesn't know when to stop laughing does she?

"so, how's music?" i asked her. she took music as her major subject, once she knew i was in music.

"nice. i really get ahold of it in just a few months." she answered, her dark small eyes made me smile.

"told you." i muttered. she took the music class as her major just after she got her tests for languages full marks. her english was so much more improved as she took french as her side subject. once she passed the whole language stuff, she decided to take part in music, since that had always been her passion.

"anyway, you hungry?" she asked, adjusting her glasses. emily was never the kind to care about spending her money for her friends. not to mention me, her housemate.

"yeah. kinda. you know, the classes made me feel like puking. i did not even understand a thing in mathematics." i laughed while she nodded in agreement. she nods, but she had quite a good mark for her mathematics, which means passed and she doesn't have to take extra classes.

as for me, i find it hard to study. despite all these flaws i found in myself, emily had always still been by my side. it was her vow to herself not to leave me. she acted like a mother to me, but most of the time, she really just go around and make her goofy attitude, which reminds me i am older than her.

"oh look!" emily yelled, loud enough to capture people's attention in the rainy day. "its a stuffed toy! let's buy it for one another!" she smiled from ear to ear. the shop had an affordable price, and i finally decided to tag along with her. this girl clearly takes things simply just like that.

i managed to take a few bucks out of my purse, as emily did the same for my stuffed toy. it was a rabbit, as i bought emily a penguin.

"its so cute and fluffy. i love it! hmm!" she rubs her cheeks against her penguin.

"well yeah, it is cute. no denying." i stared back into the black button eyes of my rabbit stuffed toy.

"this could be our nice memento of your upcoming birthday!" emily yelled, attracting eyes from around us. i just scoffed and rolled my eyes. you will think its embarrassing, but honestly, if you were me, you will have to get used to it.

"yeah. let's get going. the cafe is straight ahead, my majesty." i said, referring her as a princess, which was totally not her style.

"no. i am not a princess. so stop it." she frowned.

"but you act like one. the whole time. you stop whenever you want. you buy anything you want." i laughed. emily looked at me furiously and finally gave up, walking ahead towards the cafe.

-