fourteen

emily told me she had a few things happening and now she had been staying in her house every single day. and also telling me not to tell anyone about her house address and stuffs like her number or where she works. generally, not to tell anything to anyone about her personal things. not that i know why, but i did agree on that.

"tao, how's ren?" i asked him as he smiled to me.

"he's fine. we have been playing around with candy alot. but one things sure does bother me." he said, as he makes a confused face.

"and what is that?" sehun asked as he sat beside me, stealing a kiss every now and then.

"he always follows emily. every single time when emily went to the super market, school or even work." he sighed. we all took a glance over at emily who is on her laptop since forever.

a click went through the whole house and it confirmed us that ren is finally home.

he walked straight over towards emily and nodded before walking over to us.

okay. THAT was weird.

"tao, sehun, aina. and candy as well." the tall lad smiled towards the dog, patting its head.

"i'll be back in a minute!" emily yelled and ran outside. ren followed her.

"see?" tao scoffed before pouting.

"i'm gonna go check on her. tao, you stay here with sehun, okay?" i nodded to both him and sehun.

sehun just nodded once and tao did it too as soon as he saw sehun did that.

"good luck." sehun yelled. i rolled my eyes.

-

emily's pov

i tried my best to let ren lose sight of me, but it won't ever work.

"enough. emily, it's proper to just give it up. no matter how far you try to run, you do know we will always catch you." he sighed and stopped me right on my tracks.

snatching my hand away, i tried to go on again, before i see that black mercedes benz, which used to be mine.

"so, depending on your own conscience, how do you feel about living alone for 16 years?" that bastard spoke up.

being in the line of the heirs of my family, is really complicated. i sometimes feel like changing my identity, being someone else.

"listen up, cisco. i won't ever, EVER, go back into that mansion. this is my decision and that's that." i spat, leaving everything into a total mess.

"emily, we all know that you might not be the one in heir. it might be elizabeth. or even sofea. it might even be your youngest brother, matt. you should really think about this till the end. this is a matter of your future, emily." cisco said, lecturing me.

"go to hell with my fucked up future." i said, taking a turn and walking straight ahead.

"emily, okay. listen, if your dad tells us to come search for you again, we won't be hesitating to lay hands on them." brandon, the driver, said.

so they've discovered my address. fucking ren is really a fucking bastard.

i shot a death glare towards ren, and he just shook his shoulders.

"if you dare to fucking lay hands on my friends, i'll fucking cut you. i'll cut your hand and use it to beat your own body before putting it up in your ass. i swear, brandon." i shot one more death glare towards brandon and started leaving.

"i'll be waiting, then."

-

aina's pov

i stood there, frozen by the words that came out from 'brandon', as to what emily called him earlier.

hiding behind the walls, my arms went out, grabbing emily's as my other hand grabbed her mouth, avoiding her from screaming.

"shh. it's me." i whispered.

her eyes widen and she calmed down a bit afterwards.

"what are you doing here?" she whispered back. i don't know if it's wrong to be found in this dark alley, but i do know that she might not want to be discovered.

"i followed you. i thought ren was some serial killer or something --tao said something about you and him being 'overly intimate'-- and here i am, discovering what was happening." i answered as emily facepalmed herself.

she started walking and i followed from behind. maybe she's upset that i am actually discovering her large secret? maybe not. she's not upset because of that. it's out of mind.

"this." she suddenly murmured.

"hmm?" i picked up her pace and hummed back, signaling my confused situation right now.

"i hope you can keep this as a secret?" she spoke up, stopping on her feet.

her sudden stop shocked me, but her sudden request wasn't actually so sudden. it was expected, of course.

"sure. it's something only between us, yes?" i asked her, and she gave me that one smile where she only wear while she's in a worried condition.

"thanks. i really do appreciate that. really." she sighed and her frown came back to her face.

"hey, maybe you wanna have some girls talk tonight? yeah? at my place?" i asked her, and her face changed into her puzzled face.

"sure? i mean, won't sehun say anything about it?" she asked.

"i don't think he'd mind it. he can be with tao by any chance so, it'd make him happy to do so once in awhile." i told her and she nodded.

--

"what?!" tao yelled. emily just rolled her eyes and sit on the sofa alone.

"wait, what?! emily, just right after leaving me with some other pretty guy, now you're leaving me with this duck, sehun?!" tao yelled again.

"it's not like i left you for some pretty guy. you know well enough that ren and i are only friends. and don't go around calling people ducks. it's rude." emily sighed normally.

"ducks. more like dicks." tao murmured and stared at sehun.

"okayy~~ why don't we have a quiet time together before sehun and tao leave?" i tried to quiet down the chaos. sehun just scoffed over at the fact that tao is actually calling him a dick.

"i don't mind." emily said and walked over to the tea table as tao followed her, hugging her from behind.

"hey, tell me if you're having some problems, okay?" tao whispered to her, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"yeah." emily smiled. "sure." she grabbed tao's right hand, pecking on it lightly.

"don't go around smiling while watching your favourite otp making some sweet scenes." sehun yanked me over to his broad shoulders. "instead, why don't we make our own sweet scenes, yeah?" he chuckled lightly into my ears.

"yeah. but now i know what tao meant by duck." i laughed and the others joined as well. sehun only frowned and the teatime went over smoothly.