fifteen

"it was a shame to the family when my mom gave birth to me. they were in a critical mess, so, after a few discussions among the family, they've decided to actually leave me back in england. --just incase some of you didn't know, emily's nation was china-- and for 10 years, i struggled myself." emily sighed. her hot chocolate was now already a cold one.

10 years sure was like shitting yourself. at the age 3, emily was left towards a goddamn family that she doesn't know. who the fuck does that.

i only nodded since that was the best i had in me. it's not a case where you can just say anything like it's an easygoing problem.

"does tao knows this?" i asked her. she sighed, shaking her head, no.

"it's not that i wanted to keep it a secret. it's just that tao might get worried over something like that." she frowned, her eyebrows creased.

"yeah, i get it." i said, knowing how tao might actually get.

realizing this, i actually felt like it's a cliché to think that sehun and tao would actually become our lover in just a few months.

"so, the reason why they were after you?" i asked.

"they wanted to complete the ritual of choosing the right heir. thing is, i'm not one of the official heir, who lives under the roof of the family. besides, my mom actually remarried since father had a critical disease." she explained. knowing her life makes me feel sick.

she scoffed for a few times. tears panicking to stroll down her eyes.

"it's okay to cry, you know? i'm here for you." i pat her back slowly, before caressing her head.

"no. i'm not gonna cry over stupid stuffs like this. it's in the past." she fought back. knowing emily, i only nodded. she won't listen to others unless its her own self.

"yeah. i know." i nodded again.

"but now, it's catching up to me. everything, my past, my sins. everything is catching up to me. it's like karma." she stared out into space.

"but maybe, you already proved to them that you're no longer that sweet, innocent, naive girl anymore." i smiled to her.

"yeah. just maybe though." she smiled back. out of nowhere, emily's phone rang, tao's duck face on her screen.

"nice choice of a picture." i laughed. we ended up laughing together.

"yeah." she said, as soon as she touched the answer button.

i searched around for my brand new iPhone 6+, that phone was a present from the school's master as he said i was a transfer student along with emily. as if that was a huge reason. i bet he was only giving it out of pleasure, though.

"it's great. yeah. no way. that was obviously the only thing i had in that closet, babe. no, no, no! not that drawer! that's where i kept my bra and stuffs. no. don't you dare. yeah. first row. yes. found it? okay. bye babe. yeah, i love you too. no. okay. good night. okay. sweet dreams." her talk was long enough as i texted sehun.

"father went worried over his protected daughter? uhuh?" i asked and we both laughed.

"nothing. he only asked where i kept his boxers the other day." she laughed.

my phone beeped and there was tao and sehun taking their pictures.

"do we need this or are they crazy?" i spoke up as i showed it over to emily.

"yeah. we need this." emily said, which made us both laugh.

--

i woke up to the sound of the shower going off. emily's early today. something happened?

her phone went ringing. not to forget, it's ringing inside the bathroom. she must've been woken up with a call or something.

the bathroom door opened and emily was refreshed in her towel, walking towards the wardrobe.

"there's tao's shirt inside of sehun's wardrobe. you can wear if you want." i said and she smiled. nodding, she walked over towards sehun's wardrobe.

"maybe you should be the one searching for it." she said and chuckled.

her tone was unlikely different today. i grabbed tao's colourful tie-dye shirt and passed it to her. his shirt was long enough to reach her knees.

"may i borrow your dryer?" she asked. i nodded, giving her permission.

"something went on?" the death question came blurted out and emily only sighed.

"my mother called." she frowned. silence was covering the room before she finally spoke up. "she had planned my marriage with max, our best client's son."

my eyes widened. marriage? at that age of hers? is her mom mad or am i dreaming?

"and to even think she's choosing everything and letting me feel like an outsider." emily said.

yep, her mom is mad. no doubts.

"did you not speak up or anything? why did you let her do everything by herself. it's your life, and you're the one being taken in as a wife here." i scolded her like an owner to a puppy.

"well, there's really not much that i can do. all of my opinions are trash in her eyes. you even knew that she totally rejected the idea of me being a star." she sighed.

it must be hard on her to face these all at the age of 18.

"well, anyway, today's sunday. let's hang out or double date or something. we need to release that tension of yours." i told her and she only nodded.

"honestly, i need to talk this out with tao. i can't run away forever with this." she told me.

"yeah. maybe he'll help you out or something." i sighed.

"that idiot will the least be of help. be would go around yelling at me for being forced into marriage." she laughed.

"yeah. it's tao we're talking about here." i laughed it off as well.

--

the next chapter is their double date. will be updated.