eighteen

tao's pov

i stared down onto the now dimmed screen. kris just texted me, saying that emily's location is detected by one of his subordinates. unfortunately, emily is not just anyone. her father used to be the head of a gang. the reason of why she needs to get married is to inherit her father's place. the head of the gang.

"fuck you!" another girl yelled as kai was slapped, falling onto the end of the stairs.

"yeah, here we go again." victoria laughed. her small palms reached mine and the thought of it made me flinch.

i managed to put the thought aside and tighten my grip around her palms. a smile creeped up onto her lips but i was too caught up.

kai walked up to me with a smug face.

"damn bitch. who the fuck does she think she is?" his lips muttered some unholy words. victoria's laughter was out of control.

"well, you do know that she is your girlfriend." victoria laughed.

"yeah right. as if a girlfriend can get upset in just two days." i rolled my eyes.

sehun and aina walked up to us, all lovey dovey.

"oh look, the booty couple is here." kai commented as soon as their feet stops infront of us, hands locked.

aina's face reminded me of emily and tears threaten me, but a smile managed to make the tears stop from flowing.

"okay guys, we'll get going for now. come on, tao." sehun spoke up and victoria's grip loosened up, but our hands were still attached. i was the one who had to force my hands off and walked away with the lovebirds.

a year and a half went by for too fast, and my mind was still hung up by the thought of emily.

how's she doing?

--

emily's pov

i stared into the sky. jongdae's grip on my hand tighten as he pulled me into a hug.

"he's still in here, huh?" he brought up his finger onto my head, tapping lightly.

my lips were screwed, shut. eyes as red as blood, eyebags swollen. my fingers were shaking, ribs sticking out and my legs weren't on their best condition.

"come on. you've got to move on." the lad said, as those thoughts went through my head like wind.

charlie was fast asleep inside of his aunty's arms. my 3 months son was all i have now, as a reason for me to stay alive.

brandon died while trying to save our son, who were almost kidnapped.

2 months after our marriage, i was confirmed pregnant. i didn't sleep with brandon and that's for sure. i was forced, of course. and also, no matter what, we still have to make new generations for our family.

"hey, come on. smile a bit, will ya?" jongdae pulled my head away and forced me to look into his eyes. slowly, my eyes burst into tears again.

"i can't do this." i whispered in a low voice. "i can't manage the whole team by myself." my strength flew off from me.

jongdae looked at me with pity, sorrow full in his eyes.

"call tao." he suddenly spoke up full off pressure. i swallowed my own saliva.

--

aina's pov

we both walked down the park, hands tugging around each other.

the stars shines so bright tonight. i wonder how emily's doing.

even though we rarely meet, heck, we had never met ever since then, we still exchange messages.

she told me about her feelings for tao, which i shared towards sehun. sehun admitted that he missed our times together.

she sent me a picture of her son. he was cute, of course. but brandon died, leaving the poor child with his mother.

emily said she had enough, but thank god that jongdae, a friend of hers, was there. i told her not to worry. no matter what, in the end, everything will be okay.

she cared too much about her family, too much that she became heartless. she was so in love with tao, so in love that she wanted to let go. but one thing's for sure, she never held on for too tight, which made her stay strong for so much more longer.

my head started to spin as my drunk mouth rumble these thoughts out, head against sehun's pale skin.

ahh, such a beautiful sky. i wonder how emily is doing. that though went through my head again.