seventeen

emily's pov

i stared into the sky as a few tears rolled down from my eyes. tao had never intended to come back home after all. i chuckled to myself, just how dumb am i if i actually thought he would come back? stupid huh?

it's currently 2am and right now i'm still waiting for him. maybe he's with sehun? maybe he's with some other girl? no one knows, and clearly, i can careless about all that right now. all i want is for him to come back and show me his face, telling me how desperate he is for my love.

"so pathetic." i laughed at myself, my right hand wiping away tears that's running on my cheek, left hand curled into a fist. "so stupid." at last, my sobs weren't shed no more.

-----

aina's pov

"the only words written was 'i'm sorry and i love you' before she signed it off." i said and sehun looked at me with a dissapointed face.

last night was a hassle. tao was drunk when we heard him knocking on the door. the whole night was wasted, listening to his whining right until sehun fell asleep on my lap. tao didn't stop though. he kept on babbling about how they ended their relationship.

tao sat on the couch with an emotionless look and his hands was curled inside of his tousled blonde hair.

"it was my fault, yes?" he chuckled. he's in despair. a maiden that stole his heart left him alone in despair. oh emily, how can you be so stupid?

i felt so sad that emily left us, but tao's condition is worse. he can't even look around him properly that he could only look down on the floor as if something mesmerising to him that he actually cried.

sehun stood up and crept his arm around my waist.

"so umm, uhh, tao, we're leaving." sehun hesitated.

"yeah." he nodded and both me and sehun walked towards the door.

"is that okay?" i asked and sehun just tighten his arms around me.

"yeah. he needs some time alone." sehun told me as he smiled bitterly.

----

3 weeks later.

aina's pov

i looked around for sehun, but he doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

"rather than busying yourself for someone like him, it's better if you just stop searching and approach me, yes?" kai, a new student, transferred from an elite high school, said.

"sorry, but, she's kind of taken. so back off, will ya, douchebag." sehun, as always, appeared out of nowhere and grabbed my arm. it does hurt but i bit it off.

as soon as he spat those words, tao held back kai, who's looking so goddamned furious, right now.

"go to hell, with your fucked up manners! who do you think i am that you can just yell at me?!" kai yelled, and it echoes through the hallway.

"kai!" a much shorter guy showed up in front of kai. it appears that he must be one of kai's seniors. tao backed off and walked towards us.

"you guys okay?" he asked and both of us nodded. with that, he nodded and walked away. he's been like that since the incident with emily happened.

"sorry guys, but kai is not behaving like himself, today." the shorter guy spoke up.

"DO! you shouldn't say something like that! it's not my fault in the first place!" kai, once again, whined like a baby.

"enough, kai. we're leaving." and with that, 'DO' walked away, with kai following behind him.

"what the hell was that for?" sehun asked and rolled his eyes.

"drop it. let's just move." i said and sehun followed me according to the orders.

tao knows kai? maybe they're in the same field, who knows.

----------