sixteen

emily's pov

i stared into the sky as we waited for our lovers to arrive. i can't actually call tao out as a lover, though. he's too precious to be broken.

my eyes slipped a few tears, staining my make up on my cheeks. ahh, how can life be so hard to face.

looking beside me, aina focused on her phone. she was so focused i can see her eyes twitching.

the sounds of the familiar cars came in running into my ears. my head snapped in a short moment and tao's beautiful face came into sight.

"emily!! i've missed you!" he practically jumped out of the car.

"he keeps on nagging the same goddamn thing." sehun sighed and kissed aina.

i laughed and hugged tao. somehow, when he tried to kiss me, i had to avoid it.

his face changed sour but he only ignored the fact that i actually dodged his kiss. his hand slowly left my waist.

aina and sehun who saw this incident just kept on walking towards their black range rover as me and tao walked over towards tao's blue black one.

"umm, you wanna go buy anything today?" sehun asked aina and she nodded. probably trying to leave me and tao some time alone. tao just scoffed and entered the car.

my heart was crushed like hell when he glared towards me.

"oh, um, well, we'll be leaving now." aina said and waved away.

i entered the car and tao was there, sitting like some divorced widow.

"so, you finally decided to avoid me like i'm some disgusting virus, huh?" he asked and started the engines. driving like some maniac, his eyes stared into the road.

"i honestly don't know what you're talking about." i avoided his question. goddamn. just how long do i have to avoid him?

"whatever. if you really wanted to avoid me, you only need to tell me." he rolled his eyes.

"can we please just stop this?" i asked him, gritted teeth.

"why? you keep on avoiding me since ren entered the house, you know? you're in love with him? huh? captivated by his manly face?" he asked.

dammit. how do i explain to this freak?

"what about you? didn't you have been awfully too long in school lately?" i asked him.

"school? we're both in the same school, emily." he said this in a cool voice.

my phone went ringing right before i can answer him.

"who's that?" he asked.

"no one." there's no way i can tell him it's ren. he'll be fucking mad.

"i'm sick of this." he said, suddenly taking a stop by the corner right in front of a park.

"of what?" i asked him.

there's no way we can keep up like this. the least we can do is be together. no more relation such as love or stuff.

"of you hiding something. what is it?" he asked me, eyes changed from ice into a melting mode.

"it's nothing. but i do have something to tell you." i swallowed my saliva.

"what is it?" he asked, his fingers wave along with the ends of my hair, fixing it.

"it's about our current realtionship." i told him and my heart once again crushed as my stomach churned into a storm.

his fingers stopped. his face as shocked at the storm inside of me.

"i want us to end it." if mom wants me to get married, it's better to not let tao get involved.

"what the actual fuck?" he muttered. his hands went back onto the steering wheel. "give me a reason." he muttered, breath hitching everytime.

"tao, we can't go-" he cut me off, yelling.

"GIVE ME A FUCKING REASON, EMILY!" his eyes full of anger and sorrow, mixed.

it does pained me to see him like this. it makes me hate myself.

"i don't need a reason, tao. i just-- oh please just understand me!" i yelled back, tears on my cheeks.

"you got tired, huh? right. you found some goddamn new guy to be with. huh? is it? i get it. oh yes, i totally get you, emily." he said.

my eyes left me with nothing but tears and sorrow.

"fine." he muttered. my heart, for the third time of the day, crushed into pieces that can never be mend anymore.

"pardon?"

"i said fine. we can break up. i don't wanna keep someone i love in prison. i can't stand the thought of forcing you onto me." he said this in a low voice.

"tao, i didn't mean it to be li-"

"don't make me change my mind, emily. i can just force you but the thought of you actually not loving me back while i'm so captivated by you, pains me. congratulations. you've pierced me right on the spot. congratulations." he was crying for fuck sake. dammit. i can't believe it at all. "you're such a cruel woman, emily. you're so cruel." he sobbed and started driving.

--

the ride back home was silent. the only sounds are tao's sobbing or sniffing.

"thanks." i said, as soon as we reached our house.

he only nodded and looked at me leaving the car.

"you're not coming in?" i asked him, as he just shook his head.

"i'll be in late, tonight. don't wait up for me." he coughed as he drives through the road.

i sighed. my phone rang again, but it was aina this time.

"hey."

"hey. what happened?"

"our so called double date was ruined by me, huh?"

"nahh. me and sehun are still dating right now. we're in subway."

"nice. just go on through the day without me. tao might not be coming there either. sorry, guys."

"it's totally okay. so, rest well, yeah?"

"thanks babe."

"no prob. bye babe. love ya."

"love ya too."

beep. beep.

--

next chapter gonna get more sad. i'm excited.