Prologue

It was the medical tests that just came in, which left everyone in the room shocked. The doctor stayed silent because it was the best thing to do. The man sitting on the opposite side of the table was speechless, he was sweating and eyes glistening with worries.

" But... I am an alpha and my wife..." The man tried to speak but pursed his lips back tightly. He took the papers handed over to him by the doctor, he bowed and went for the door.

" Mr. Park, I suppose you remember that there was a probability that it could turn out this way. You're a true breed alpha but your wife, she's a beta."

" I know." James Park said and left.

While James walked through the corridors, he could hear whispers and gasps from people around him, gazes of all kind, pitiful, shameful, shocked, confused and all sorts. However, he didn't care, It didn't matter. Regardless the results, he was happy just to finally have a family he could rely on. Though he was in fact a bit scared and worried to tell his wife but he knew, out of all the people in that building, the one and only person who can understand and accept was her.

He opened the door to the hospital room and found her wife lying on the bed while she had her eyes fixed on the crib where their baby was asleep peacefully. Her eyes slowly shifted to him and formed a crescent.

" Hey..." she said smiling at him, James could hear the tiredness in her voice and how drowsy her eyes looked. It made him never want to tell her.

" Hey." James walked up to her and kissed her cheek before walking up to the crib. He took a glance and in an instant he felt all his problems and worries fade away. It didn't seem like a problem at this point. He watched the baby and then to his wife.

" Can i pick him up? No! I will touch, just touch..." James said nervously, scared that he might harm their baby. His wife laughed sweetly,  she could see how nervous his husband was. The way he looked at their baby, she knew he would be one of the best dad in the world.

" James, you can carry him. Just gently." She told and James immediately ran towards the washroom and came out washing his hands and repeatedly wiping them on his shirt. He picked their baby gently as he was told and the warm and soft feeling made his heart filled with satisfaction. He admired both of their creations in his arms while he gently stroked it's toes with his thumb.

" He's my son." James breathed out eyes fixed on his son. It was as if he had been keeping the words buried inside his chest for a very long time and that he let them leave his lips to be finally able to breath.

" Yes." His wife nodded already smiling. " So what did the results say? He's an alpha for sure, he looks exactly like you." She said and James felt his heart sank deeper and deeper.

He gently put their son down inside the crib and walked towards her. He immediately wrapped his hands around her, it was heartbreaking to tell her the truth but he knew it was now or never. James sighed and said,

" No..." He could hear her wife nervously laughing not able to believe what she just heard. James broke their hug to look at at her and her eyes were trembling with something he couldn't address.

" Well then...he might be an Omega..." She said as if convincing him but in James eyes she was trying to convince herself.

" Love, you know that can't be possible, I don't have it in my DNA but it's okay, we talked about this already remember?" James let out the words which made her burst into tears. It was a devastating sight to see but it was better to feel all of the sorrows at once so that it wouldn't find it's way to when the happier times come.

Few hours passed and the room was still silent. Love was still crying, she would stop momentarily but the tears filled in again and again. James finally stood up from the chair and tried to reach her when the baby suddenly started crying. James panicked, not knowing what to do he made his way towards the door to call the nurse when Love stopped him.

" Bring him to me. The nurse said i am able to breastfeed, he might be hungry."

James nodded quickly picking their son slowly and then handing him to his wife. It was a beautiful sight. Their precious child in the arms of her beloved wife, it made his eyes filled with tears. He wiped them away instantly, since alphas were meant to be strong and tough.

After a few minutes, Love finally spoke with her sore voice from crying.

" I am not disappointed. I am scared..."

James lowered his head knowing what she meant by it. He knew the consequences of being a beta, an ordinary -as people liked to call it nowadays- in a world ran by Alphas and Omegas.

Over the years, the growing population in Alphas and Omegas led to the immense decrease in betas. The betas are not the special ones among the three main division of human beings, they don't have the strength, dominating auras or a unique reproductive system, they aren't able to produce pheromones and lack uniquely reproduction capacity unlike the Omegas. They just lived like a normal being as the human beings lived thousands of years ago.

These extraordinary qualities in Alphas let them to ultimately be at the top of the food chain along with omega and the betas gradually started to fade away. Currently, out of hundred the betas took only three percent of the total population making them less visible both in skill and
Competency.

James park, one of the richest man in South Korea and a true breed alpha, well respected and recognized by everyone. Everybody wants to be him. Numerous Omegas were desparate to have his DNA into their family but the alpha fell for somewhat not everyone was expecting.

Long black haired, slender figured and a pure Beta, Kang Love. She was the prettiest woman James had ever layed his eyes on. On top of that, she was special. She wasn't attracted to his aura, pheromones or his big fame. She loved him for who he was inside. He never once had any problem because of her being a beta and him being an Alpha. The only problem was James whose pheromones sometimes made Love sick to death, the pheromones which one is supposed to love made her weak and he felt extremely guilty but still she chose to love him, be with him forever, because she loved him and could feel the bond they shared on both sides. However, as time passed she unexpectedly got used to the pheromones released by James and sometimes even felt a sense of comfort in it. Even though she couldn't fully feel them, it was enough and James eyes alone were enough to know that he loved her more than anything.

It was an unusual couple and not acceptable to the most. Still, James married her because he knew, no Omega will make his heartbeat like Love did. They weren't fated mates in the eyes of  thousands but the bond they shared was deeper than the earth's core.

And now looking at their son sleeping on her mother's arms, the bond felt even deeper. James came closer kissing her forehead. He held her hands and she held his tightly. They didn't talk but both of them knew what they were thinking, that was what made them different. As if they could communicate, connect through their souls.

James promised to protect their family from everything. No matter what the world says, he wouldn't let his son get hurt. He wouldn't let his son feel different, he is his and he belonged to the Alpha's and Betas. Somewhere deep down, James believed that his son would be that one thing, an exception, to connect the bonds between humans as a whole that everyone had long forgotten. He knew the struggles but he decided to keep them. They went through many things in the past as well but they were strong because they had each other's back. His son would be strong as well because he'll have them. Being an Alpha or an Omega or even a Beta didn't matter, what mattered was being human and that's what James planned to teach his son and he knew that her loving wife, Love, was thinking the same.