Chapter 12

While Sunoo was on his last bite of the cherry dipped in honey, he heard footsteps coming towards him.

Should I leave?

He asked himself. Sunoo got up, holding the plate in his hand but stopped midway when he heard a familiar voice, more like a scent.

" Calm down! You're not going to die! "

" How the fuck am I supposed to calm down when-"

Jay, the Beta, went mute as his eyes met Sunoo's.

The Omega looked anxiously to both the men, overwhelmed, not knowing what to do. His heart was about to jump out of his chest. The fact that Jay was standing in front of him, all dressed up, in an all black suit contrasting to Sunghoon standing next to him.

His Jacket was unbuttoned and the low neck black T-shirt could be seen underneath, slightly displaying his bare chest. His hair was slicked back differently than usual as a string of hair hung on the right side of his forehead, with his honey skin sparkling with sweat sprayed around his neck and forehead, made him look ten times hotter than usual. His body was to die for but damn, his little gestures he kept making as though he was angry was clearly heaven.

Sunoo stayed frozen, his stomach rumbling weirdly which he couldn't blame the cherries for. He perked up from his thoughts when he heard Sunghoon's calm and polite yet rushing voice calling his name.

" Sunoo?...Would you mind-"

" Oh! I-"

Sunoo struggled to let out a proper sentence, he was too focused on the intense gaze Jay was giving him. It was brutally intimidating. He looked angry but the Omega had no idea, why?

" I was just-"

" Get out... Please. "

No one said anything after that. Only the wind and the rustling of leaves was all that could be heard. Sunghoon nudged Jay, seemingly angry as his eyes travelled back on Sunoo trying to smile as wide as the Alpha could. While, the Omega was far away from this universe. It took him an immense strength to lift his feet and walk inside the mansion. For some reason, his legs felt like they carried the weight of the entire world. As he walked inside, Jay scooted himself away from the door, from Sonoo specifically, making sure to create distance between them, to not be touched by him, as if the Omega was a walking disease. A plague. A pandemic that could destroy everything on its way.

May be Iam.

Sunoo tried to convince himself, feeling sick of his own self. And as he walked inside, he made sure not to leave any pheromones lingering around the air. He didn't want to appear desperate. And just like that the air was dry, even the scent of the flowers, leaves and the soil disappeared with the Omega.

What was I thinking? That i would be able to make you fall for me just like I did, with you. I had forgotten love isn't something you give and take.

Tears started filling the Omega's eyes but he didn't stop them. He let them flow, until his eyes were left dry and red.

May be if I cry enough, the tears will wash away the so little memories I've had with you.

...

Jay and Sunghoon watched as Sunoo stormed out from the balcony handing Sunghoon the empty plate that almost slipped out of the Alpha's cold hands.

Sunghoon sighed a breath of relief as he made a firm grip on the antique plate -one of his mother's favourite- he caught the Beta staring at him.