Chapter 20

Everything seemed simple, in fact, everything was ordinary. The years he grew up to be a Beta, all those moments he spent without knowing anything about Alphas and Omegas, not having a single clue about how rest of the pheromonal beings lived their lives.

Jay was just a Beta living with his Beta mother and an unexpectionally perfect father. Things were mostly cliché in his life, like a movie with the same old plot repeating over and over again, rich and perfect family, a good for nothing son who couldn't live up to his parents hopes who is also an unbreakable wall that whoever tries to peek through it, couldn't bare to break the concrete first.

However, everything has changed. From the moment his eyes met those hazel ones, the moment he was hit by those prickling yet unbearably addicting pheromones, all of that changed.

The wall that was standing firm and getting stronger each passing day, was now collapsing. It was shattering block by block revealing unexpected things Jay didn't even knew he was holding back. His body didn't feel like his own, his mind was always busy trying to figure things out where his heart was always in the hands of that one particular Omega.

These feelings and emotions were foreign to him at first. He had tried his best to deny his bodily reactions and gave his best to not actually give in to his needs, his feelings knowing very well how it was effecting him. The urge to hold that Omega, kiss his neck, scent him so that the others would know whom he belonged to. He had done everything to avoid the urges for their own sake but the moment he hugged the Omega that night, he knew he had already long lost his way to returning to his old self.

The Beta was done running away from the questions. He had realised the only way to know what he has become and where he truly belongs, was to chase those questions and find the answers, no matter what it takes. There must be a way because he couldn't go any minute without being away from the Omega. He needed to fix it as soon as possible.

With those thoughts churning inside his head, Jay stared at the door knob, holding onto it tightly. He took deep breaths before attempting to open the door to the doctor's office but couldn't. Even though he wanted answers, he was scared. Scared of what he might get. What if he didn't like it? What if he mess up? He couldn't bare to watch the doom.

" Aren't you going in?"

Doctor Ryan tilted his head to the side, his eyes looking up at the Beta.

" Ha!!... I.. I am..."

Jay jumped to the side almost tripping over the plants that were aligned perfectly on the shelves. He fixed his posture and stood straight before speaking again,

" I was waiting for you..."

" Really? Okay then, come in!"

Ryan laughed and opened the door. He gestured Jay to go inside before tapping onto his shoulders.

The two finally sat across each other and Jay didn't waste a second.

" What about the cure?"

" We're still working on it... But i don't know if it's going to be a success..."

Ryan told Jay, his eyes were skimming over the test papers that just came. He sensed the silent after his words so he looked at Jay and spoke up again.

" How are you feeling now?"

" Good."

Jay mumbled before going back to contemplating. He looked hesitant but also eagered to say something. He was fidgeting with his fingers, changing his position every passing second and his pheromones were all over. Ryan sighed watching the Beta struggling.