Chapter 14

On the way back to his home, Sunoo, the omega heard his phone ring. He seemed aloof as he picked up the call without even checking who it was from.

" Sunoo? Oh my- where are you?! "

The voice on the other line was furious.

" J- Jake hyung... "

Sunoo's breath hitched as he heard Jake's concerned voice, he could hear Jungwon in the back thanking God after hearing the Omega's voice.

Sunoo wanted to cry but the tears had dried down. His throat was sore and all he did was scrunch his face, trying to let the tears flow. It didn't.

A part of him was trying to convince him that rejection was normal. It happens when someone cannot reciprocate the feelings with each other and that it's normal to get hurt for a while before everything to go back to normal, then why? Why was he feeling as if his heart was about to break into pieces, as if he he had fallen into a bottomless pit and there was no going back or stopping. He was just floating, waiting for it to end but still, floating. Why?

" Sunoo? Sunooyah, where are you? What happened? "

Sunoo sniffed, wiping his nose and clearing his throat.

" Hyung, I wasn't feeling well. I am on my way to my house. I am okay and I am sorry, I-"

" Is it because of Jay?... "

Jake interrupted, he sounded angrier when he listened to the long pause from the other end. He scoffed,

" Waah, that stupid jerk!! Sunooyah, it's okay. Jungwon and I are coming to you. Can you please forgive him this once, he's been going through a lot lately. We'll explain everyth-"

" No. It's not- Bye Hyung."

Jake and Jungwon exchanged looks at the Omega's answer. Heeseung was sitting at the sofa watching the two lads trying to call the Omega again and again, desperately.

" He's not going to pick up. Give him some rest for tonight. "

Heeseung tried to calm them but he regretted opening his mouth. Jungwon glared at him and Jake threw the phone at Heeseung who luckily dodged it.

" Why didn't you tell me this earlier? "

Jake asked his boyfriend.

" I thought you knew. I thought Sunoo knew. I thought Jay told Sunoo and Sunoo told you-"

" This is so wrong! "

Heeseung flinched scared of the Omega. He silently sat back on the couch, Jungwon also took a seat on the corner of the bed. Jake was the only one standing, walking back and forth, breathing in and out trying to keep himself sane. Few rounds and he groaned in anger.

" I mean- why?! He doesn't know anything and still Jay  treated him in some way when he doesn't have any idea of what he could do. I know Jay's life is at stake but that doesn't give him the reason to make someone feel miserable."

He finally sat down next to Heeseung, his palms on his forehead. The Alpha rubbed his back to calm him down, he was worried that the Omega might faint if he gets too angry.

" I know Sunoo. "

Jake sighed.

" He'll never think ill of someone. If Jay had just told him before, then Sunoo would've stayed away from him sincerely. "

The three of them stayed quietly under the dim lights of the guest room. It was raining outside, and the sound was slowly calming the mood bit by bit.

Just then, the door opened and the three of them turned their heads towards it. It was Sunghoon. He looked confused watching them but tried to smile brightly sensing an upsetting aura filling the room.