Chapter 22

By the time Sunghoon had reached his penthouse, the man was traumatized. His head was about to burst because of the lady that cried every ten seconds. She would wake up, cry hysterically, bang on the windows, scream and then sleep again. It made the Alpha think,

What on earth did she take?

Daniel, his manager, pulled over to the garage and both men struggled their way into the house with the stranger in Sunghoon's arm and her belongings. Sunghoon took her to the guest room, throwing her on the bed like a ball of unwanted crumbled paper into a trash. The woman whined, tossing and turning, adjusting herself on the soft-warm mattress before going back to sleep.

The Alpha watched her slowly drifting back to sleep. He was amazed by how nonchalant she was, as if she was sleeping in her own bed. Her own house. Sunghoon didn't even know about this woman, he was certainly not planning to as well. He stayed for a few minutes adjusting the air conditioner and lights before leaving the room. He closed the door and walked downstairs only to see his manager waiting for him.

" Sir?"

" What?..."

Sunghoon shrugged nonchalantly and walked over to his bar, pouring himself a glass of wine. It had been a long day for him.

" Do you know her sir?"

Daniel asked.

" Just relax Coop! It's not what you think. I know I am to be careful from scandals but she'll be out the first morning."

Sunghoon told his manager, bringing him a glass full of wine as well.

" But sir... "

Daniel tried to speak before the Alpha handed him the wine glass and said.

" I just helped her. She's an Omega. You saw her yourself, didn't you?"

Daniel sighed looking defeated and then nodded. They both sat down on the couch, making themselves cozy before getting down into work. They spent the rest of the night talking about business, events, next tournaments and games.

...

Sunoo was seated on one of the seats at a random but luxury restraunts. The people dining here looked overly dressed or it was Sunoo who was not dressed properly enough. He looked over to his seat and it was empty. It had been exactly fifteen minutes since Jay had gone to the washroom.

At first, Sunoo felt relieved watching Jay leave because he would have time to collect himself and his thoughts but now, the silence was taking a toll on him and with each passing second he was getting more anxious. He felt like a nuisance to the happy couples that were sitting there and enjoying their time together. And a bait, a prey for the hungry looking Alphas who were practically tearing him down with their eyes.

" Hey-"

Sunoo flinched at the voice that interrupted his train of thoughts and then he saw Jay sitting back to his chair, across him.

" Is everything okay?..."

Is everything okay?! The fuck is there to be okay about? You taking me on a dinner, oh so suddenly?...