1

Omniscient POV

*Bell Rings*

"Okay thats it for today have a nice weekend guys." Bri says while dismissing her sophomores to go home for the weekend.

The students pack up quickly and exit the class most of them saying 'Bye' to Bri and conversing with each other on the way out.

When the last student leaves her smile drops and she begins tidying up her classroom because that was the last class of the day. She then makes her way to her desk and checks her phone, which she hadn't touched for two hours because she had back to back classes. Of course the girls group chat was sending notification after notification.

Just as she began to catch up on the messages her door opens and she looks up, where she sees her best friend and coworker Skye dancing into the room causing her to laugh.

"Girl what are you doing?"

"Those little devils are gone its time to hit the club bitch." Skye says enthusiastically while walking up to Bri's desk.

"Don't talk about our students like that."

"I mean don't get me wrong, not all of them are devils but quite a few are devil spawns, I'm sure of it, just gotta prove it somehow. But enough of that, you ready?"

Bri looks down at the time and sees it is already 3:45. "Ummm no I still have work to do."

"Bri school ends at 3:15 and you are no longer required to stay hostage."

Bri rolls her eyes as Sky sits down getting comfortable. "Yeah well I still have work to do- and who even decided on going to the club today, I thought we were just going to eat."

"I'm the birthday girl so what I say goes and we're going to the club, so finish grading then go home and dress sexy so we can hit the club."

"We still going to eat or no?"

"Do you even read the group chat, I mean its there for a reason."

Bri chuckles and shakes her head, "I aint looked at my phone since 6th period, girl I be working for real you know this though so don't start acting brand new just because you 26 hoe."

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever, but yeah we going out to eat at like 9-ish so we'll have some food on our stomach before we get drunk at the club."

"You're sick." Bri jokes while pulling out a stack of papers she has to grade, making Skye gasp.

"No way you have to grade all of that." Skye says while eyeing the tall stack of papers.

"Yep, I already read and graded half but I still have to grade the rest and then enter all of these into grade book."

"Yeah I'm so happy I teach math, all I gotta do is mark right or wrong and keep it pushing. History could never be me, but you have fun with that-" Skye stands up and pushes the chair in. "Just don't be late tonight."

"I won't birthday girl-zilla, see ya later." Bri says as Skye exits her classroom.

Meet Bria Carter, she is a 26 year old History high school teacher in San Francisco. She teaches mostly freshman and sophomores and one senior class. She has been teaching since the age of 22 but only at Jefferson High School for 2 years. Last year Skye finally convinced Bri to come on over to Jefferson and she was very happy that she did. Not only did she get to work alongside her best friend who was just down the hall but she also got to serve students who were really in need which is what she loved to do. Ever since she was a little girl she wanted to be a teacher, school was always a second home for her and she wanted to give back. What better way than to help young adults learn, figure out life and plan their future.