Chapter 3: Detention

Jimin's Point of View..

I was the first one that made it to the detention classroom.

Jungkook walked in 20 minutes late.
As he sat down, I asked, "Jungkook, where were you!?"

"Aww.. were you worrying about me?" Jungkook asked as a smirk graced his facial features. But, there's one thing that I noticed: His eyes were red and puffy, almost as if he had been crying.

"Uh— no.. I wasn't." I stuttered.

"Jeon Jungkook! Why are you twenty minutes late?! Do you want your punishment to be extended?!" The teacher threatened.

"No, but I—" Jungkook started to say.

"Uh.. but he was with me!" I said as I covered for him. I continued on to say, "He needed help on a problem in Math, so I helped him. But he wanted to see if he could solve the problem on his own, without my help. Which is why I came to detention first."

Jungkook looks at me with a grateful expression on his face.

"Oh, I see." The teacher says as realization dawns on his face. "Well, it looks like you're both in detention because you were about to make out." The teacher continues on to say.

"That's not exactly what happened." I say, embarrassed.

"Well, still, you guys have to be in detention for 2 weeks, so get used to seeing each other's faces everyday." The teacher says.

Just then, my friend, Kim Namjoon walks in.

"Namjoon! What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Oh, I'm the teacher assistant for detention." Namjoon says.

"That's cool! At least there's a friendly face around here." I say, with a smile on my face.

Namjoon smiles back at me with his dimples showing.

All the while, Jungkook is watching the exchange between us and has an unreadable expression on his face.
I try to do my homework for my classes when Jungkook asks me, "Why did you cover for me at the beginning of detention?"

"I thought something was wrong, and I didn't want your punishment to get extended." I say as I put my pencil down on the desk and direct my full attention to him.

"Well.., I do need help in math.." Jungkook mutters. He thinks I don't hear him, when in fact, I do.

"How about we call a truce on our little war for a little while?" I suggest.

"..Yeah, sure." Jungkook replies after thinking.

"But, everyone kinda expects us to hate each other, so, when we're around our classmates, we can act like we're enemies."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Anyway, if you need help with math, I can help you, while we're in detention or outside of school." I say.

Jungkook exhaled a breath as he said, "Ok, great."

"Ok, guys, have a good rest of your day!" The teacher says as we get up from our desks to leave.