Chapter 5: The Friend Group Finds Out

Jungkook's Point of View..
"We're getting something to eat!" Jimin says as his eye smile appears.

Hoseok looks at me and then looks at how close Jimin and I are sitting.

He looks at me with a confused expression on his face as he says, "I thought you guys hated each other..?"

"Uh, well, we did, but now we don't." Jimin mutters.

"I see, well, what would you guys like to eat?"

We tell Hoseok our orders and he walks away.

But then, Taehyung slides into our booth.
"I thought that was my cousin!" Taehyung exclaims as he throws himself into Jimin's arms.

"And, hello to you too, Tae. Uh, Tae? I can't breathe.." Jimin says, breathless.

Taehyung then pulls away as he makes eye contact with me.

Hey, Taehyung." I say as I do our complex handshake with him.

"Hey, Jungkook. I didn't know you were friends with Jimin, now."

I hear Jimin groan in annoyance. "Gosh, are we going to have to tell the whole school while we're at it?"

"I think we'll just have to tell my group of friends." I say as I glance at Taehyung.

It's at this time that Yoongi, Jin, and Namjoon slide into our booth.

Hey, Jungkook! And hi..? Sorry, what's your name?" Yoongi asks.

"I'm Jimin." Jimin replies.

Just then, Hoseok comes back with Jimin and my orders.

Hoseok sets our food down as he looks at the guys who are sitting in our booth.

"Hey, my name is Hoseok. And I'll be your server for today—"

Just then, Yoongi cuts him off as he says, "We know who you are, you go to our school."

Hoseok looks up as he makes eye contact with Yoongi.

I look at J-Hope and I see his face turn red. I raise an eyebrow as J-Hope looks at me. He very quickly looks away.

"Uh— Right.. Anyway, what can I get you guys?" J-Hope asks.

Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jin tell them their orders. J-Hope leaves to get their food.

"So.., should we tell them, Jungkook?" Jimin asks.

"Wait, tell us what? Oh my gosh, are you dating?" Jin exclaims.

"What? No, we're not!" Jimin blurts out as his face turns crimson.

No, we're not dating, but we're friends now. And you guys can't tell anyone." I say as I laugh at Jimin. In response, Jimin sinks lower into the seat.

"We swear we won't tell anyone." Jin says.

"Ok, good." I say.

"That's all well and good, but damn it.." Namjoon says, with a pout.

"What do you mean, 'damn it'?" I ask.

"We were hoping you would've become lovers.." Yoongi says as he clasps his hands together on the table.

"The classic 'enemies to lovers trope'..." Jin sighs as he stares off into space.

I chuckle as Jimin sinks all the way to the ground in his seat.

Jimin heads to the bathroom to compose himself as I say to the boys, "It'll happen eventually, boys." I say with a smirk on my face as I watch Jimin escape to the safety of the bathroom.