Chapter 7: Day Two of Detention

Jungkook's Point of View..

The next few days leading up to the party pass by slowly.

But, finally the day is here!

I wake up and get dressed. I decided to wear a black Calvin Klein shirt with a stonewashed jean jacket and black jeans.

"Mom! I'm heading to school!" I yell at my Mom.

"Have a good day at school, Jungkookie!" My Mom says as she hugs me and kisses my cheek.

"Love you, Mom." I say as I hug her tightly.

"Love you too, Kookie." She says.

As I walk into school, I head to my locker.

As I open it, I grab my books and then I close it and I almost jump in surprise because Jimin is leaning against the locker next to mine.

I look around and see that some people are curiously watching us. I look at Jimin and send him an apology in my mind as I drag him by the shirt and drag him to the bathroom.

Once we're in the bathroom, I let go of his shirt as I clear my throat.

"Sorry about that, Jimin." I say.

"It's ok, don't worry, I noticed the people watching us too." He replies.

"Anyway, did you want to talk to me about something?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah.." Jimin says as he looks me up and down, admiring my outfit.

I feel my face heat up as I notice him looking at my outfit.

"You look good today." Jimin replies.

"Oh, uh-, t-thanks." I stutter. I mentally slap my forehead at my weird response.

"Um.., so I was wondering if you wanted me to tutor you in math? Because a couple of days ago, you were saying that you needed help."

"Uh- sure. Thank you for offering." I say as I smile at him. I knew I needed help in math, but why was I disappointed that that was what he wanted to ask me?

Just then, the school bell rings.

"If we don't want to be late to our classes, we should probably head to class. I'll see you in detention, Kookie." Jimin says as his eye smile graces his facial features.

"Yeah, see you."

As he walks out of the bathroom, I stay in the bathroom wondering how whenever Jimin says my nickname, why do I feel happy and like there's butterflies in my stomach?

When the warning bell rings, I hurry to my first hour, still thinking about Jimin.

As the school day continues on, I'm still thinking about Jimin, even while in detention.

"Jungkook..? Earth to Jungkook!" Namjoon says as he looks at my dazed expression. Then, he slaps the table with his hand, almost breaking the table.

"Huh? What is it?" I ask.

"Jungkook, detention is over.. Are you ok?"

I looked around me and at my surroundings and I noticed Jimin is on his way out of the classroom.

"I'll- uh- see you at the party tonight, Namjoon!" I stutter as I run up to Jimin's side as we walk together.

Little do I know, Namjoon is looking at us as we walk away, with a confused expression on his face.