Chapter 25: The Surgery

Jimin's Point of View..

I smile brightly. “I love you too, Jungkook.”
Jungkook wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him while planting a kiss on my forehead.

A little while later, Mom comes back with snacks from the vending machine to the sight of Jungkook pacing nervously.

“Mom, please tell Jungkook to stop pacing.” I say.

“Jungkook, come sit down, hm? I got some snacks and some banana milk.” Mom says as she pats the seat next to her.

His eyes brighten as he sits down. “Banana milk?”

Mom smiles. “Of course!” She hands him the carton of banana milk.

As we eat the snacks and wait for Ji-Ho’s surgery to get done, Jungkook yawns softly.

“Are you tired, baby?” I ask as I look at him. I take in the fact that his hair is slightly disheveled, as if he's been running his hands through his hair endlessly. I also notice how there are very noticeable bags under his eyes.

“A little bit..” He mumbles. I run a hand through his hair gently, trying to fix the mess that is his hair. He sighs softly as he lays his head on my lap.

“Do you mind if I sleep here?” He asks in a tiny voice as he looks up at me from my lap.

“Of course not, babe. Get some sleep, hm?” I continue running my hand through his hair as he nods his head and closes his eyes.

Mom sighs as she looks at Jungkook in between us. “He really loves you, huh?”

I grin softly while still running my fingers through his soft hair. “Yeah, he does. And I love him.”

A little while later, our friends stop by to check on us.

“Taehyung? What are you guys doing here?” I ask with a confused expression as I look at him.

“We just wanted to check on you guys.” Taehyung says with a small smile as they walk closer.

“We're doing alright. I'm the only one awake, it seems.”  I turn to look at my Mom but she's laying her head down on my shoulder, sleeping, and Jungkook is still sleeping with his head on my lap.

“Yeah, it does seem that way.” Hoseok says with a laugh.

“You're their pillow now.” Yoongi says with a jealous glint in his eye.

“Can I use you as a pillow?” Yoongi turns to Hoseok and asks in a whiny voice.

Hoseok scoffs. “You slept on the way here, silly.”

“Yeah, so? I'm resting up for tonight.” He smirks.

Hoseok blushes a deep red. The doctor walks in at just the right moment, to save Hoseok from embarrassment.

“Mr. Jeon? Oh, he's sleeping.” The doctor says.

“Is she out of surgery?” I ask.

“Yes, she is. She's still unconscious but she pulled through.”

“Great. Jungkook, wake up, baby.” The doctor turns to walk away as I gaze down at Jungkook and shake his shoulder.

“Mmm..?” He mumbles as he barely opens his eyes.

“Your Mom is out of surgery, babe.” I say as I run a hand through his hair again.

He jolts upright and stands up and starts to speed walk away but almost walks into Namjoon.

“Woah, buddy.” Namjoon says with a small smile as he grips Jungkook's shoulders to steady him.

“When did you guys get here?” Jungkook asks with wide eyes.

“A while back ago. We just wanted to check on you. I think I can speak for all of us when I say I'm glad your Mom pulled through. We'll be going now.” Jin says with a small smile.

“Oh, ok. Thanks for checking on us.”

“Sure. Text us later, ok?” Taehyung says as he hugs Jungkook tightly.

Once they leave, Mom starts to wake up.

“Mom, Ji-Ho’s out of surgery.” I say.
The three of us walk to Ji-Ho's room.

Jungkook walks in first and sits in the chair closest to her bed and holds her hand gently. “Mama, you pulled through. I knew you could do it.” He says to an unconscious Ji-Ho.

I keep my distance to give him time with his Mom as I hug my own. Mom wraps her arms around me in a safe embrace.

A little while later, Ji-Ho starts stirring awake.

“Mom?” Jungkook asks as he gazes at her with a big smile on his face.

“Kookie.” She says in a quiet voice as she smiles. Jungkook smiles brightly as he gently hugs her.

I smile as I watch the sweet interaction with my own Mom in my arms.

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜