Chapter 14: The Friend Group's Suspicions

Jimin's Point of View..
Yoongi coughs, making Jungkook and I spring apart like our lips burned each other. Well, without context, that might as well be what happened because his lips are swollen and red and I'm sure mine are the exact same.

"Oh my God! Yes! Finally!" Jin exclaims, excitedly.

I hurriedly shake my head aggressively at Jin, while holding Jungkook's hand.

Taehyung walks up to us, pointing an accusing finger at the both of us, asking, "When the actual hell did this happen?!"

Jungkook sheepishly rubs his neck with his hand as he looks down at the floor.

Which is when everyone notices how red and puffy Jungkook's eyes are.

"What the hell happened? Why is Jungkook's eyes red and puffy?" Namjoon asks.

"His Mom is exhausted and weak because of the chemotherapy, which makes him sad and she's doing chemotherapy because she has cancer. It's been really hard on him." I explain to them.

"Aww.. I'm sorry, Jungkook.." Jin says as he hugs Jungkook tightly.

"Ok, so, that explains that, but that doesn't explain why the five of us caught you two kissing." Yoongi says, dismissive, until Hoseok walks closer to Yoongi and gently holds his hand, which makes Yoongi look down at their interlocked hands and smile at Hoseok with his gummy smile.

I smirk as I watch Yoongi interact with Hoseok. "Well, Jungkook asked me out a couple of days ago. And I said yes." I say, dismissively.

Jungkook finally looks up, and sees Hoseok and Yoongi's interlocked hands.

"Why are the two of you holding hands..?" Jungkook asks with a smirk.

"Uh.. we're.. um.. What are we?" Hoseok asks Yoongi.

"We're going out. I asked him first." Yoongi says as he brings their interlocked hands to his lips as he kisses Hoseok's hand.

"Aww.. how cute.." I say as I smile at the new Sope couple.

"Wait a minute, why didn't we know about what Jungkook's Mom was going through, but you did?" Namjoon asks me, with a hurt expression on his face.

"I'm sorry, you guys.. It's just that I see Jimin at school more than I see the rest of you. Besides, I've seen how happy you and Jin were, and I've seen how happy Hoseok and Yoongi are.. and I didn't want to bring you guys down with what I've been going through at home.." Jungkook says with more tears in his eyes. I wrap my arms around his neck and tangle my hands in his hair as I hug him.

Jungkook leans his head down on my shoulder as he sobs silently.

"Aww.. you could've told us, Kookie.. That's what friends are for. Friends are supposed to be there for you when you're having a good day or a bad day." Taehyung says as he hugs Jungkook. The rest of the group hugs Jungkook tightly.

"I love you guys.." Jungkook mumbles.

"We love you too, Kookie." Jin says as he kisses Jungkook's forehead in a loving manner.

❤️Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!❤️