Chapter 18: Dad?!

Jungkook's Point of View..

As the day goes on, my head is up in the clouds. I'm barely even paying attention to my classes, and somehow, I fell asleep during math class.

Jimin touches my arm as he lightly shakes me awake. "Jungkook, wake up.. We're the only ones left here."

I sit upright and look around at all the empty desks around us. Our teacher is staring daggers at me.

I hurriedly stand up, gather my things and stuff them in my bag as I mumble a quick sorry to the teacher.

"Jungkook, at this rate, you won't be able to pass math class.." Jimin says, concerned as he walks beside me.

"That's why I have you, Jimin-ah." I say around a yawn.

"That's true, but you aren't pushing yourself too hard, right? What with schoolwork and your Mom?"

"A little bit, but I'll be ok, Jimin. I appreciate you being concerned about me, though." I say with a small smile as I pull him into my arms.

"Of course." Jimin says.

"Our first tutoring session can be tomorrow after school, if you're that worried about me." I say as I smile against his hair.

"That sounds good. I'll see you tomorrow, Jungkook." Jimin says as he tries to pull away from me, but I hold onto his hand and pull him back to me.

Jimin exclaims, surprised before being silenced with my lips against his. I hold his waist in my hands as I pull him closer to me. His hands tangle in my hair as he continues kissing me, lightly pulling on my lip ring.

I pull away from a flustered Jimin with a smirk. "See you tomorrow, Jiminie."

"Jungkook! You can't just kiss me like that and leave me!" Jimin screams after me, but I don't turn back around. I continue walking with a smirk on my face.

Once I Get Home..
I pull out my phone and open the text conversation with Jin.
Jungkook🐰: Where are we meeting up?
Jin Hyung: The arcade. I'll text you the address.
Jungkook🐰: Ok, see you in a little bit!

"Mom! Where are you?" I ask.

"In my room, Kookie!" Mom replies.

I head to her room, to find her lying down in her bed again.

"I just wanted to let you know I'll be hanging out with Jin Hyung. Will you be ok by yourself for a few hours?" I ask, as I sit down on the bed beside her.

"I'll be ok, Jungkook. I promise." She replies with a small smile as I lean down and kiss her forehead.

"Text me if you need anything. I'll come right home."

"Ok, I will. I love you."

"I love you too." I say as I hug her and stand up.

I leave the house and drive to the arcade.
I walk inside the arcade and admire all the many games with their flashing lights. In the process of looking at the games and lights, I spot Jin.

I start to walk over to him, but before I make it very far, I see a familiar face.

My Dad isn't in the picture anymore these days, but I would recognize him from a mile away. He's hanging out with a woman I've never met before and a little girl and a boy that's not much younger than me. It seems he's moved on with his life after leaving Mom and I. There's days that I wonder, what if Dad hadn't left us? What was the reason he left us? Was it because Mom got sick? Was it because of me?
I walk over to him.

"Dad?" I ask, bewildered and furious.

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜