Chapter 27: Marry Me?

❤️Author's Note: Hahaha, I lied. There's one more chapter after this. I wanted to combine it all into one chapter, but this chapter is really long already. Oh, and there's a reference to a place that's in Seoul. I've never been to the place described, so bear with me! Enjoy!❤️

Jimin's Point of View..

It's been a year and a half since Jungkook gave me my beautiful promise ring. I never take it off. Not even to take a shower. But, recently, he's been acting oddly suspicious. I even asked Taehyung what was up with him. I think back on the discussion I had with him not that long ago..

“Tae? Why has Jungkook been acting suspicious?” I ask Taehyung, once we meet up after a year apart. After we graduated high school, Taehyung moved to the US to pursue his dream of becoming a saxophonist.

“I can't tell you, Jiminie. I wish I could, but I can't.”

“Can you at least give me a hint?”

“Nope, no can do.”

“Ugh.. come on! You're my cousin! I'm surprised you're keeping a secret from me!” I say with a pout.

Taehyung laughs. “I'm sorry, Jimin-ah.”

Just then, Hoseok comes out of the diner chasing after a little girl.

“You better come back here, Min Soo-Yun!”
I watch Hoseok chase after his daughter with a smile on my face.

After we graduated, Yoongi and Hoseok got married, moved in with each other and adopted a little girl. After Hoseok's boss retired, he gave the cafe to him, saying he trusts he'll take care of the cafe. The Sope couple now own the cafe.

Yoongi comes running out of the kitchen and picks up his daughter with a gummy smile on his face.

“Caught you!” Yoongi says as he tickles Soo-Yun, evoking a giggle and gummy smile from her.

The Sope couple comes up to Taehyung and I.

“Will someone please tell me why Jungkook has been acting weird?” I ask.

I see Hoseok out of the corner of my eye, putting a finger to his lips, motioning Soo-Yun to keep quiet. She nods and says, “Uncle Jiminie, we can't tell you!”

I sigh. “Oh well. I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later, hm?” I tickle Soo-Yun again, making her giggle.

Hoseok, Yoongi, and Taehyung all exchange knowing glances with each other.

“Since I have no clue what's happening, I think I'll see myself out.” I say with a sigh.

“And why might you be leaving?” Jungkook asks, making me jolt as he wraps his arms around my waist.

I slap his arm away playfully. “No one is telling me why you're acting suspicious.”
“I think I can answer that. Come on. Follow me.”

“Wait, what?” I ask, alarmed as Jungkook drags me away.

“Just go. You'll see.” Hoseok says with a laugh as Yoongi wraps an arm around his waist and holds Soo-Yun in his other arm.

On our way out of the cafe, I turn to look at Jungkook. “Where are we even going?”

“Like I said, you'll see.” Jungkook says as he opens the car door for me and I get in.
I pout as he starts the car and we drive away.

“Stop pouting, baby. This is going to be good, I promise.”

It takes a while to get to the place, but when we do, I'm beyond shocked. We're at The Namsan Tower.

“Why are we here?” I ask as I gaze at the tower, awestruck.

“You ask too many questions.” Jungkook simply says before we get out of the car.

Jungkook interlocks our hands together and we make our way to the tower. We ride in a cable car until we reach the Proposal Staircase.

Once at the staircase, I look at the heart shaped structures colored in many different colors. The next thing I notice is the gorgeous sun that is setting.

As the sun begins to set, its orange and pink hues begin to glow, illuminating the tower and the surrounding landscape. The sky turns from blue to a beautiful dark violet color, while the sun sinks behind the tower, casting a warm glow on everything it touches.

“Babe?” I turn around to look at Jungkook who has a soft smile on his face.

“I brought you here for one reason. I'm sure you've already guessed by now.” He says with a smile before he gets down on one knee.

I grin as I look at him. “I think so, but please enlighten me.”

“Park Jimin, before you came into my life, I felt as if I was living a regular and boring life. But, with you, every day is an adventure. To think I would be saying these words to you even though we started out as enemies. I've grown to love you throughout our time together as a couple, which leads me to ask: Will you make me the happiest man in the whole world and marry me?” Jungkook asks as he reaches into his pocket and opens a ring box, revealing a silver ring band with a single strip of tiny emeralds in the middle.

I smile brightly as I feel happy tears running down my face. “Yes, I'll marry you!” I pull Jungkook up to his feet who then takes my promise ring off my left ring finger and replaces it with the engagement ring. He then puts my promise ring on my right ring finger. I wrap my arms around his neck and press a kiss against his lips. He chuckles against my lips as he returns the kiss.

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜