Chapter 16: The Appointment

❤️ Author's Note: This chapter is a bit shorter than normal and I'm not too sure about this chapter, so bear with me... I'm willing to accept constructive criticism, but keep it friendly! Anyway, I hope you can overlook that and still enjoy this chapter!❤️

Jimin's Point of View..
I'm sitting in the backseat of the car while Jungkook is driving and his Mom is in the front seat.

Jungkook is nervously drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Jungkook, it's going to be ok. I promise." Ji-Ho says in a reassuring manner.

He sighs as he pulls into the doctor's office.
As we get out of the car, I grab Jungkook's hand as we walk into the doctor's office with his Mom smiling at the both of us as she walks beside us.

Once we get inside the doctor's office, Jungkook walks up to the receptionist desk and says, "Hi, my Mom has a doctor's appointment today. Her name is Jeon Ji-Ho."

"Hello, if you could just wait in the waiting area while you fill out these forms." The receptionist says as she hands him a clipboard with a stack of papers on it.

"Sure. Thank you." He says as we go to the waiting area and he fills out the paperwork.

A little bit later, the nurse calls us to the exam room.

As we wait, Ji-Ho places a hand on Jungkook's knee as she says, "Jungkook, don't worry about me, do you understand? If something happens to me, I want you to know that I love you to the moon and back again. I've had the privilege of watching you grow into the nice, kind-hearted, selfless, and polite young man you have become. And I'm proud of you for that."

Jungkook is looking down at the floor as he wipes tears from his eyes and sniffles. "I love you too, Mom.." He says as he covers his Mom's hand on his leg with his own.

Just then, the doctor knocks on the door before coming in with a clipboard and computer in his hands.

"Hey, guys. From what I understand, your Mom has cancer. Now, we can continue with the chemotherapy treatments, or we can do a couple more chemotherapy sessions to try to shrink the tumors and see if we can surgically remove the tumors."

Ji-Ho glances at Jungkook before asking, "Can you tell me if the tumors have gotten smaller?"

"They have. But, if you decide on doing the surgery, we'll have to do it within a few weeks. I'll let you guys figure out what to do next." The doctor says before leaving the three of us alone to decide what to do next.

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜