Chapter 26: I Promise

⚠️Long Chapter Ahead⚠️

Jungkook's Point of View..

After four long months, it's almost time to graduate from high school and move onto bigger and better things.

Today is when I'm going to give Jimin one of the promise rings that Mom gave me before she had surgery four months ago.
Ever since that day, I've kept that ring box in my pocket just waiting for the right moment.

The smell of bacon reaches my nose. Out of curiosity, I follow the smell and I find Mom in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

“Hi honey! I'm making breakfast.” Mom says with a smile.

I smile brightly before kissing her cheek. “What’s the occasion?”

“No occasion, just because!” She smiles as she makes some pancakes and scrambled eggs as well. Once she's done, she puts the food on two plates.

“You didn't have to, Mom.”

“I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to. Now, eat your food before it gets cold.”

I sit down at the dining room table and eat breakfast. An angry expression makes its way to my face as I taste the food.

“Is it good?” Mom asks.

“The best! Oh! Mom, I have a question.”

She sits down next to me and also starts to eat the food. “What is it?”

“Do you remember when you gave me that set of promise rings four months ago?”

“Of course I remember! How could I ever forget?”

I blush before reaching into my pocket to grab the ring box. “Well, I was thinking about giving Jimin one.”

She smiles before holding my hand across the table. “That’s why I gave you those rings, honey.”

I hold her hand tightly. “Well, we've been through so much, you know? From enemies to lovers, and he's been there for me during the time when you had surgery. I really love him. I want to give him the entire world. I'll spend the rest of my life trying my hardest to give that to him if he'll let me.”

She looks at me with a strange expression on her face. “When did my son get to be so grown up? It seems as if it were only yesterday when you were born.”

I smile before looking at the clock on the wall and I jump up, frantic. “I need to get going. I'll be late for school!”

“Leave your plate, honey. I'll get it. Have a good day at school. I love you.”

“I will and I love you too!” I run up to my room and get dressed, making sure to put the ring box in my pocket. I rush back downstairs, and go outside, kissing Mom's cheek on the way.

I get in my car and drive to school. Jimin's waiting outside near his car, looking around everywhere.

I walk up to him as usual. “Hey you.” I kiss his cheek.