Chapter 24: The "L" Word

Jungkook's Point of View..

The next couple of weeks pass by pretty quickly. And before I know it, it's the day of Mom's surgery.

“Mom, we have to get going!” I walk into her bedroom.

“I'm almost ready.” She replies.

“Alright.”

“Oh, I almost forgot something. I have something to give you, Kookie.” Mom says as she walks into her closet to grab a few Christmas presents.

I gaze at her with a confused expression on my face. “Mom, why are you giving me this?”

“It's in case I don't make it to Christmas..” Mom says with a sad smile.

“Mom, I don't want these. I can't and I won't take these.” I say stubbornly.

“One of the presents is for Jimin. Just take them, sweetheart, please.”

“You're making it seem like you're going to die, Mom..” I say sadly without taking the presents from her hands.

“Just take them.”

I sigh before reluctantly taking the presents from her. One of the presents is small enough to hold a ring.

“Mom! Why does this look small enough to be a ring box?” I ask, shocked.

“It's not an engagement ring, I promise. But, it's a set of promise rings. That one is for later if you feel like you could see yourself marrying that boy.”

“We haven't even been together that long, Mom!”

She grins. “I have a good feeling.”

“How did you even figure out Jimin's ring size?”

She laughs. “I guess I forgot to tell you. I was friends with his Mom when we were younger. We lost touch after we moved to Seoul. But, I reached out to her recently and she told me.”

I blush deeply. “What if he doesn't want to?”

“That's why that one is for later, sweetie.”

I gaze at it before saying, “Alright. Are you ready to go?”

“I think so.”

We drove to the hospital in silence. I'm trying to enjoy every moment I have with my Mom. Because, it might be the last time I ever see her.

Jimin and his Mom are waiting for us in the parking lot.

I walk up to Jimin with a confused expression on my face. “What are you doing here, Jimin?”

“Can't a guy be there for his boyfriend?” Jimin asks before kissing my cheek.

I laugh softly. “You don't see me complaining, do you?”

We walk to the check in desk and get my Mom checked in for her surgery.

“I love you, Mom. Don't forget that.”

“I love you too, sweetheart.” She says before they wheel her away.

I slump down into a nearby chair.

Jimin sits beside me and rubs my shoulder to calm me down. His Mom sits on the other side of me.

“Jungkook, your Mom will be fine. This is just another obstacle she has to jump through.” Jimin's Mom, Aera says.

“I know she will be, but I'm still scared.”

“I don't know you that well, Jungkook, but I know your Mother. She won't go down without a fight.” Aera says.

I sigh before smiling at her. “Thank you for saying that.”

“Of course. I think I'll get us some snacks. I'll be right back.”

I nod before turning to Jimin.

“Jungkook, I have an idea of how we can pass the time.” Jimin speaks up.

“Hm? What is it?”

“I have a present to give you!” Jimin says with a smile.

I laugh softly. “I have one too!” I hand him his present and he hands me mine.

We open our presents and I grin as I look at a picture collage of us hugging, kissing, and holding hands. Jimin opens his present and he smiles as he looks at a customized blanket with our pictures on it. I'll have to thank my Mom later for customizing it.

“Aww.. Jimin.. This is really cute! I love it!” I say with a smile as I kiss his cheek.

He laughs softly. “I'm glad you like it, baby. I really love this blanket! It's so soft!” He smiles as his fingertips touch the blanket.

I smile before kissing him sweetly. I hesitate before saying, “I love you.”

💜Author's Note: We're almost to the end of this book!😔 Only a few chapters left! Hopefully after I finish this book, I'll be able to work on my other one! But, I think until I finish writing this book, "It Hurts To Love" will be on a temporary break. That's only because it seems as if I can't focus on writing 2 books at the same time, lol.

Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜