Chapter 22: Telling Jungkook's Mom

Jungkook's Point of View..

“Mom? Where are you?” I ask into the empty house.

“In the living room.” Mom replies.

Jimin and I walk to the couch and sit down facing my Mom.

“I need to talk to you, Mom.”

“Is something wrong?” She asks as she notices the anxious expression on my face.

“Well, no, not really.”

“What's wrong, honey?”

Jimin holds my hand tightly as if he's trying to send me his energy to help me find the words to tell her.

It works.

“Well, I haven't told you how my face got to be like this.” I say as I gesture at my face.

“Yeah, what happened?” Mom asks with tears in her eyes.

I sigh before continuing. “I saw Dad at the arcade.”

Mom's face turns into an expression of steel.

“Did he do this to your face?” She asks in an angry voice.

“Yes, he did. But I think the damage I did to him was far greater.” A small smile appears on my face.

“What did he tell you?”

“Oh you know, the usual. How you're a sorry excuse of a mother, even though you're not. He also said that he couldn't care less about me.”

“Sweetheart, you know none of that is true, right?” Mom asks me as her voice breaks.

“Of course I know it's not true! You're doing the best you can given the circumstances! I'm just happy that I have you in my life. That's all I can really ask for.” I tell her with a smile.

“Besides, guess what else I did to him?” I continue to say.

“What?”

“I beat him up too. I'm pretty sure the damage I did to him was worse than what he did to me.”

“I guess those self defense classes paid off, huh?”

“For sure. But, Jimin bandaged me up!” I smile at Jimin.

Mom grins at the two of us.

“I'm sorry I beat Dad up, but I think he deserves it after all that he's done to us.” I say while looking down at the floor.

“No, don't be sorry. Because he does deserve it. But, don't think that I'm allowing you to go around and punch people in the face.”

“I understand.” I look back up at her with a small smile.

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜