charming

"I can't stop thinking about how beautiful you are." His words linger for a long moment, causing my stomach to flutter as my heart skips a beat.

"You're very charming, Lindsey." Pursing my lips to one side, I begin swirling my wedding ring around my finger as a form of nervousness.

It drives me nuts, but I've been doing it since I stopped drinking... regularly, that is.

"You captivate me." He adds, a soft chuckle following his words.

Wrapping my silk robe around myself a little more, I nonchalantly bite down on the inside of my cheek. "That's quite the compliment." I don't really know what to say, simply because it's been so long since anyone has said such sweet things to me.

I feel like such a dud, but I don't remember how to open my heart up to someone else.

"What are you doing?" He asks, almost like he can hear the sound of my mind racing.

"Umm," I pause, a soft laugh escaping me as I stare around my empty kitchen. "I'm feeding my daughters fish." I'm not going to sugarcoat it... I'm kind of boring these days, but that's fine. I have far too much hectic life issues to worry about instead of maintaining a high profile social networking system... I hang out with Betta Midler on my Friday evenings.

"Oh..." he lingers, probably internally laughing at how lame I am. "I have a fish, too." Lindsey replies, which causes me to giggle again.

"Really?" I smirk, closing my eyes lightly as the smirk turns into a grin.

"No, I just said that." He assures with another gentle laugh.

Shaking my head, I can feel my face grow extremely red and almost totally flushed.

"But no, seriously," he takes a moment to catch my attention once again, "Do you wanna go for a ride?" He is a spontaneous man- I think that's what has me captivated.

"It's almost midnight..." I can hear my pitch change as I transition into a recognizable, obvious giddy stare.

"You seem like you live by the moon, pretty woman." And here I go again, allowing my heart to beat for a man that isn't mine. "I'm bored," he announces after a moment of pure silence. "And I think it would be fun to just listen to music and drive."

Nodding softly, as if he were able to see me, I lean back into the counter a little more. "You excite me," I admit in all honesty... I like this and I like him, a lot.

"I'll pick you up in half an hour?" I can already hear him shuffling around on the other end of the call.

"That sounds perfect, see you then." I say before setting the phone back down on the counter.

Without another thought, I race upstairs and down the hallway to dig through my closet... I obviously can't wear my nightie. So instead of sleepwear, I compromise and slide into a long maxi dress and a soft pale cardigan- more casual and not too dressy... I don't want to overdo it, but I also want to be attractive. And then, after a makeup touch up, I head back downstairs, just in time to catch the doorbell.

~Lindsey~

Instead of driving around, we end up in the public beach parking lot, only because Stevie saw my guitar case in the backseat and begged me to play for her... I mean, she asked and of course, I caved. How could I not? She's adorable.

Doing the same thing- sliding the seat as far back as I can, I set the guitar in my lap. "This is the cutest audience I've ever played in front of." I smirk, eyes falling down towards the strings.

Tossing her head back, she allows a sweet laugh to fill the car. "You're too funny," she rolls her eyes playfully, chewing on her bottom lip as she also takes notice to the strings when I start strumming.

I get through the first couple of cords, but then my gaze drifts back up, though my fingers still create a soft melody.

Stevie has this beauty that very few women have... Actually I don't think I've ever met a woman quite like her. She's a good mix of gentle and a little bit of wild- two things I've always been drawn to and enticed by.

"That is stunning." Her eyes widen softly as she nods her head lightly and sways to the sound of music. "It's romantic..." she adds, leaning back into the door, which in turn causes her long curls to drift to either side.

I play for a moment longer and when the music stops, she claps her hands together for a dramatic affect. "Oh, thank you." I chuckle, winking lightly.

"You're so good," pushing back some of those strands, she twists her hair lazily, allowing all of her gorgeous features to grow more prominent.

"You said you write music?" I have been thinking about that on and off since she told me, because I think that's exactly her.

She told me that if she weren't a writer, she'd want to be a musician... She's got it, I believe that. She has the magical aspect, yet she's also incredibly wise- she could be anything she wants. And a part of me thinks she actually settled for the life she's created for herself, though I would never say that aloud.

"I would write little poems for my children when they were small," she assures, a gentle sigh leaving her. "And in college, I worked for this guy that had an in with some musicians, so I wrote some songs." she shrugs, almost like that isn't anything to be proud of... I think poems are fucking dope.

"I bet they're great." I have no doubt in mind, but I have feeling, she'll never sing for me.

From the second my eyes fell on Stevie, I knew there was much more hiding under her timid aura. She's much more than a mother and a wife- she's a rare, very intriguing soul that's too caught up in taking care of everyone else around her... She wants to make the world happy, yet it doesn't take much to realize that she's still trying to find it for herself.

"Do you ever wish you could freeze time?" She creases a brow, that smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. "I want to live in this moment forever."