- Squeeze Too Hard -

"THOMAS!" I screamed through the rubble. I listened carefully and for a seconds there was nothing.

"Y/N!" He shouted back, I sighed in relief. "You okay shank!" I asked, I couldn't see him through the rubble but he sounded ok. "I'm here too!" A familiar voice said, it was Brenda. "Oh I See you survived" I groaned at her. "Yes. Look there's no way through. Come on Thomas"
"Wait!!!" I shouted.
"It's okay greenie. You'll find me eventually" he said and his voice trailed off. "How do you cope with her?!" I said grumbling at Jorge. "Trust me it's difficult!!" Jorge replied smiling. "Come on we need to go before this whole building collapses on us." He said taking my wrist. I picked up the gun and strapped it around my shoulder like Newt used to carry his machete in the maze. I felt Newt's fingers lace In Between mine and I squeezed his hand, he gives me comfort, I feel relaxed when he's around.

We ran outside back into the blazing heat of the scorch, everyone's skin had accustomed to the heat so it didn't hurt anymore which was good because having your hands catch fire is not fun. I still had blisters on my hands.
"Okay. 100 miles north." Minho said turning in circles on the spot. "Well North is that way!" Jorge said pointing toward the ruined buildings, they get more dense as our eyelines follow the direction of his hand.

"Why are we standing around then?" I said sourly . "What's wrong greenie?" Newt asked pulling his hand away from me. He clutched it. "What?" I said looking at Newt's hand, it was bruised. "Oh did...did I do that? " I said shaking, suddenly I felt cold and started shivering. "I-I-I-I'm so sorry!" I felt a tear fall down my cheek, and I couldn't keep my eyes off of Newt's hand. "Hey. It's okay! I'm fine greenie!" He stood in front of me and lifted his bruised hand up and clenched it into fists a few times, I saw a faint pained expression. "I'm fine!" He hugged me but I didn't hug him back, what if I squeezed too hard and bruised him again or broke a rib or something.

We walked down the now sand road and I thought that maybe I shouldn't have come. Maybe they should've terminated my existence instead of putting me in the maze. I've hurt one person too many now.

Maybe I should've been killed.