Chapter Four

Chapter Four

After dinner, I excused myself from the table and made my way down the wall to my room. I laid on the bed staring up at the ceiling. Throughout the whole of dinner I was worried. Did Peeta catch on to what I told him? Was he thinking about this too? Didn't know but I wanted to find out. It was just how. How would I find out. I don't want to ask him if he knew what I was saying because I didn't want him to not know and then want to know where I have to tell him because he uses his bright blue eys to guilt me into it.

I quickly changed into some pyjamas so I was comfortable when I spoke to him. I didn't fancy being in some capitol costume that made me uncomfortable and I would never be able to ask him. Or confront him.

I walked across the hall to his room to see the door slightly ajar. He was laid on his bed in the same position I was in not even that long ago. I pushed the door fully open and walked in without any words and sat next to him.

"Did you mean it?" Was the first thing he said. I knew what he was getting at but I went along with it anyway.

"Know what?" I asked slightly batting my eyelashes.

"You know what Prim. Please don't hide any secrets from me any more. I need to know what I am getting myself into when I enter the arena in a few days."He said turning onto his stomach to look at me.

"Okay yes it;s true. She loves you and she wanted to tell you before the games but every time she tries, she freezes.. Why do you think I used to come into the bakery alone to get what we needed? Because she was too shy to even look at you in case she said something embarrassing and made you less interested in her." I explained as simply as I could.

"Oh my god." He breathed. A huge smile came across his face. I smiled big at this. It was the first time I had seen him smile in a while.

"But Peeta, You need to win these games. Theres something Katniss has to tell you. You can't die without knowing it Peeta. I won't allow it." I said strongly. I had to get it into his head that he had to win these games and get home to my sister and be a father.

"If you tell me then maybe I'll consider trying in the games." He tried. I shook my head.

"I can't tell you." He sighed. "It's not my place to, you need to hear it from Katniss and no one but Katniss." I replied watching as his face dropped.

"Just tell me one thing." I nodded. "Is she in trouble?" He asked.

"No but she will be if you die in the arena." I told him climbing onto his lap.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Because...Because she might lose the baby." I told him looking dead in his eyes.

"Why?"

"She loves you and if she dies then I don't think she will be in the mood to keep her health up and the baby won't survive." I explained.

"How do you know this?" He asked.

"My Mom's the Nurse remember?" I smiled and he laughed. I really hope he takes what I said to heart because Katniss will be crushed.