Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Today we have our first day of training. After the night I had, I highly doubt I'll have much energy to listen or put in any energy even though listening is the difference between life and death. I stay close to Peeta and try to copy his moves. I try to be nice to the other tributes and get in their good books like Peeta but I can't, all I keep thinking about is that they're going to kill me in a few days or that my sister was almost here and they could have killed her and her unborn child.

I went over to the plant station and worked with the leader of it, I named all the plants there were and then I was asked to name all the poisonous plants and the plants that can heal and so on. Everyone had circled around us as I listed off each plant. A lot of them looked shocked that a girl from 12 could name so many plants when district 12 was the one that dealt with that sort of stuff.

It was finally lunch time and then we only had two hours left of today then tomorrow we had a few hours of training before our individual sessions with the gamemakers.

I sat with Peeta on the last table laughing and having fun. Everyone looked at us, some looked amused while others had an annoyed look on their face. "It's not my fault you look like a horse." I teased. He gave me a smirk., "Oh No." I breathed before I shot up running around the training stations as he chased me and the other tributes watched.

He finally caught me and threw me over his shoulder before pushing me onto the mats and tickling me. "S...St...St...Stop." I stuttered in between laughs. He finally released me and we got back to training. I knew that what people saw today was planned my Peeta and Haymitch as a warning to other tributes not to rule out District 12 this year because we were powerful and strong. The way Peeta picked me up and threw me down showed his strength and my strength by pushing him off and how fast I was when I ran from him.

When training was over we all travelled in the same elevator to our floors. District 1 and 2 were the first out. As we went up and the others left two by two we stayed in silence.As soon as it was just us and district 11 in the elevator we began talking. "So Peeta, I see you're strong." Thresh Started.

"Yeah, I was on the wrestling team, I was second but to my brother who is two years older." He explained. I giggled.

"Prim, you're so pretty." Rue gushed.

"Thanks so are you." I said. We all just chatted about our home life until it was their stop.

"They seem nice." I said as we continued up to the penthouse.

"Yeah, I can totally see us teaming up in the arena."Peeta said. We stepping out and were instantly greeted by Haymitch and Effie.

" Well, How was it?" Haymitch asked.

"It was good,whatever plan you made with Peeta was a good one. We were actually noticed after that." I said smiling up at the older man.

"Good. Do you trust me now?" he asked. I nodded. We all walked back to our rooms in silence. That night I skipped dinner, I just fell asleep. After the night before, It didn't really surprise me.