Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A few hours later, I was sat up in a hospital bed bored out of my mind. I wasn't allowed to do anything. I got into trouble for going for a walk when I saw Katniss after waking up. Apparently, it gave Haymitch a Heart attack when he couldn't find me in the room like he was told.

This made me laugh, physically. I didn't believe him at first because he isn't one to show his concerns to anyone. "Are you up for visitors?" I whipped my head around at the sound of the male voice. It was Peeta. This is the first time I've heard from him since we got out of the games.

"Peeta."I breathed. I sat up moving my legs to give Peeta some room to sit.

"Hey Prim how are you feeling?" He asked. I scootched so I was sitting close to him leaning my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me close. I liked this. No worries. No trying to survive, nothing but relaxation.

"I'm feeling okay. I'm just really tired but every time I close my eyes, I have nightmares." I said with a yawn.

"Well you can sleep now. I'll protect you. I promise as long as I'm around nothing will happen to you or your family." He whispered. I decided to trust him and give in to sleep.

Peeta's POV

I felt prim relax against my body, I smiled own at her seeing she was asleep and I really hoped it was a peaceful sleep not like mine because I've had nightmares every time I close my eyes.

I laid her down in her bed so she would be comfortable, I laid down next to her keeping her in my arms. "Oh Sorry, was I interrupting?" I looked up from Prim's relaxed face to see Katniss Caressing her stomach stood in the door frame.

"No it's okay. Prim's just sleeping, shes told me shes been having nightmares." I said. I was surprised, it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be, I thought that ever since I announced my love for her on TV that she wouldn't want anything to do with me.

Then it hit me. Prim told me about how Katniss was also in love with me but was too stubborn to admit it before we entered the games. I smiled at the thought. I wanted Katniss to feel the same as I feel for her.

"Oh, I wish I knew, I would have helped her through them. But then again. Now she's got you she won't need me as much any more. You know what shes been through and how she feels and I don't. I can't pretend to understand either unless I get reaped again." She was starting to get upset and I could see that.

"Don't get upset Katniss. She will still need you more than she needs me. You're her sister. You're having her niece or nephew. I might know what she's going through but you're all shes ever had and you're all she'll ever need. You are a strong independent women Katniss and I know for a fact that you'll always have Prim as your number one fan. I'll be in the sidelines for whenever you or her needs to talk don't forget that." I told her removing my self from Prim's embrace over to where she was stood and I hugged her gently careful not to hurt the baby.

"Thank you Peeta." She mumbled into my chest. That is how I want every day to be like, having Katniss in my arms day and night would be the perfect life. I don't care that she's having someone else's baby, as long as I've got her. My life will be complete.