Chapter Fifteen

Chapter fifteen

We all decided that after the busy and adventurous day we've had that we are going to take a rest for the evening and relax as much as we can, I;m sure Thresh won't harm us.

"Peeta?" Rue asked. I was curled into Peeta's arms as he held me close rubbing my back.

"Yeah Rue?" He asked. Not even attempting to move from his spot.

"How is this going to end?" She asked. I could tell by the tone of her voice that she was going to cry.

"I don't know rue, but come here..." He said. She crawled carefully over to us balancing on the branch and he pulled her close in the other arm and she curled up aainst him.

I sighed. We laid there in silence for a while. The bleeping sound came from above and in our direction. Peeta slowly loved away from us and grabbed it. I watched as he grabbed the parachute. He read the card and a confused yet sly look came across his face. I looked at rue and she shrugged.

I saw him slyly put the berries from the container on the laves above him blocking the camera with his jacket.

He climbed back down to our level and showed us the card.

'Get rue to pick the berries ~H' Berries, what type of berries were they, are they going to kill her?

Peeta motioned to her and she began to pick the berries. Peeta and I acted as If we didn't see her pick them as we were watching out from above for thresh.

Hey Guys I found some berries do you want some?" She yelled up to us. Me and Peeta glanced at each other before dropping to the ground. There was a little walk to where the berries were.

BOOM!

No... "Rue!" I yelled pushing through the trees and running towards her cold still body on the ground. I dropped next to her and began to sob over her body.