IX - Monster Hunting

𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 day, Nancy, Jonathan and I make our way into a supply store, ready to gather tools for our plan of destroying the monster. Splitting up, we wander throughout the store, searching for the items we need. As I take a careful look around, I notice a crowbar that resembles mine, the same one I lost going through the tree last night.

Together, we all approach the counter and put our items on it, which includes, nails, hammers, bear trap, lighter fluid, and my crowbar. The man at the counter looks at us like we're crazy. We might be.

"And I'll have four boxes of the .38's." Jonathan says to the man who goes back to grab the boxes.

I anxiously drum my fingers across the counter, silently humming to a song. The man comes back with the four boxes, still giving us a confused look.

"What you kids doin' with all this?" I man asks finally.

There's a pause as the three of us glance at each other.

"Monster hunting." I offer with a shrug.

"Huh." The man scoffs before ringing us up.

Nancy, Jonathan, and I walk out of the store hands full of bags and boxes as we approach Jonathan's car.

"Monster hunting?" Jonathan laughs at my previous explanation to the man in the shop.

Amused, we all laugh, as Jonathan opens the trunk of his car, carefully placing the boxes and bags inside.

"You know, last week I was shopping for a new top I thought Steve might like. It took me and Barb all weekend." Nancy laughs at the memory, "It seemed like life or death, you know? And... and now—"

"You're shopping for bear traps with Jonathan Byers." Jonathan concludes the girl's thought with a little chuckle as he closes his trunk.

"And (Y/n) Henderson," I pipe in with a wide grin.

"Yeah." Nancy concludes, with a soft smile.

"What's the weirdest part?" Jonathan asks with his own little grin, "Us or the bear trap?"

"You guys." Nancy replies sarcastically still with a smile plastered on her face.

"Definitely us." I add before we all laugh lightly.

Suddenly, breaking our bonding moment, a car comes rolling down the street with a couple honks.

"Hey Nance," A douchebag from school, Reed, calls out, "Can't wait to see your movie." He comments before laughing and driving away with his friend.

"What the hell was that?" Jonathan asks as we look at each other in confusion.

"I don't know," Nancy replies looking quizzically down the street.

Then it dawns on me.

I turn around at the same time as Nancy and we glance at each other, thinking the same thing.

"What?" Jonathan asks as we turn.

Nancy and I take off, walking quickly down the sidewalk and towards the local movie theater.

"What?" Jonathan asks again as we walk away, "Hey, where are you guys going?"

Nancy and I catch glimpse of the red paint on the board above the theater, before we start running.

"Nancy, (Y/n)! Wait!" Jonathan calls out from not far behind us, "Guys!"

With a look of horrified dismay on her face, Nancy leads us across the street, finally arriving at the movie theater. When we see the signboard it reads, "All The Right Moves, Starring Nancy THE SLUT Wheeler", in big red, easily recognizable hand writing.