XXXIX - The Bite

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐠 that thing like a Hot Wheel!" Dustin laughs, running over to Eleven and Mike, bringing the both of them into a tight hug.

I watch my brother with a smile on my face, before rushing over to Will and Max, bringing both of them into a tight hug. And as I'm embracing Lucas, Erica's sudden voice, breaks the two of us apart.

"Lucas!?" Erica exclaims, her eyebrows furrowing together at the sight of her older brother.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asks, waving his hands around in the air with a confused expression.

"Ask them." Erica retorts sassily, pointing towards Robin, Steve, and I, "It's their fault."

"True, yeah." Steve nods, placing his hands on his hips, as Lucas glances over at us, his expression only growing more and more confused by the second, "Totally true. It's absolutely our fault."

"I don't understand what happened to that car." Robin says, pointing towards the car that was flung across the mall, before glancing around the group.

"El has superpowers." I shrug, pointing towards the girl who stands with Mike, next to my brother.

"I'm sorry." Robin responds, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"Superpowers." Steve says simply, waving his hand in the air, before gesturing towards his head, "She threw it with her mind. C'mon, catch up."

"That's El?" Erica asks, pointing towards the girl with wide eyes.

"Who's El?" Robin asks, still confused by this whole situation.

"I'm sorry." Nancy pipes in, pointing at Robin, causing the group to turn towards her, "Who are you?"

"I'm Robin." She responds nervously, before nodding towards Steve and I, "I work with Steve and (Y/n)."

"Hey, Nance," I smile, in which she returns, and I send her a small wave, before gesturing towards Robin, "She helped us crack the top secret code."

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians in the first place." Steve adds with a nod.

"Russians?" Jonathan asks, raising his eyebrows as he glances between Steve, Robin, and I, "Wait, what Russians?"

"The Russians!" Steve shouts, gesturing towards the men that lay unconscious behind the car.

"Those were Russians?" Max asks, her eyes widening with shock.

"Some of them." Erica says, shrugging slightly.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas asks, gesturing both of his hands in his sister's direction, his eyebrows still furrowed with confusion.

"Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin asks, tilting his head at his friend.

"Yeah." Mike snaps, glancing over to my brother, who stands next to him, "But I couldn't understand half of what you were saying."

"Goddamn low battery." My brother scolds himself, with a grumble and I roll my eyes.

"How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery!" Steve exclaims, hitting the side of his hand into his other palm a couple times, before shaking his head at my brother.

"Well, everything worked out, didn't it, Steve?" Dustin retorts, nodding his head at Steve, whose rubbing his temples with exhaustion.

"Worked out?" Erica repeats, turning towards Dustin with her hands in the air, "We almost died."

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?" Dustin reminds us, glaring at the girl in front of him.

"It was pretty damn close." I comment, causing my brother to roll his eyes dramatically.