Chapter 22

"You know you don't have to walk me to class, right? I am perfectly capable on my own."

"Shota, you can't move your arms, and you can barely see from your face wraps. How is that being capable?" I frowned as Aizawa and I walked through the halls of UA. "You shouldn't even be here. Let one of the other teachers deal with us. You should be at home resting."

"I can do the same amount of resting here that I would do at the house. I'll just be less bored here."

"You are impossible," I grumbled, opening the door for class 1-A and stepping to the side, letting Aizawa go in first.

"Morning, class." His muffled voice said to the students.

"Mr. Aizawa, what are you doing here?" They collectively asked.

"Whoa, what a pro." I heard Denki mutter as the two of us walked into the room.

"Mr. Aizawa. I'm glad you're okay." Iida raised his hand.

"You call that "okay"?" Ochaco muttered behind him.

"My well-being is irrelevant," Aizawa said as he stepped up to the podium, making me scoff as I took my own seat. "What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet."

"Our fight?" Bakugo questioned.

"Don't tell me..." Izkuku trailed off, casing Mineta to finish with "Not more bad guys!"

"The UA Sports Festival is about to start."

"Ugh! Why would you scare us like that? The sports festival? Let's go kick some ass!" The class cheered.

"Wait a second. Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro asked the million-dollar question.

"They could attack once we're all in the same place," Ojiro added.

"Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever. Plus, they're beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains."

"Uh, I'm sorry, but why not? It's just a sports festival!"

"Oh, you did not just say that." I turned in my seat, glaring at the perverted grape that sat behind my brother.

"Mineta, don't you know how important this competition is?" Izuku asked.

"Of course I do! I just don't wanna get murdered."

"Our sports festival is one of the most-watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games. But then quirks started appearing. Now the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of scale and viewership." Aizawa told the class. "For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA Sports Festival."

"That's right! And top heroes everywhere will be watching. This is where you get scouted." Momo said.

"Sure, unless you're dead." Mineta worried.

"She's right. After graduating, a lot of people join pro agencies as a sidekick." Denki added.

"Yeah, but that's as far as some people go. They miss their chance to go indie and stay eternal sidekicks. Actually, that's probably where you're headed. You're kinda dumb." Denki blanked at Jiro's words, twitching a bit in annoyance.

"It's true that joining a famous hero agency can garner you greater experience and popularity. That's why the festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day, then this event could open a path for you. One chance a year. Three chances in a lifetime. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. That means you better not slack off on your training."