Chapter 71

"Are you sure you're ready for this? I promise you'll be okay if you sit out the provisional exam today! You can just take it next time–"

"Witch, as great as it is to hear your voice again," Katsuki rolled his eyes as we unloaded from the school bus, referring to the new hearing aids the hospital made him. "I'll be fucking awesome and crush this stupid exam! I'm gonna blow all the other classes to pieces!"

"Alright," I sighed at his answer, not bothering to argue. "Then take these with you."

I pulled a small black box out from a pocket of my hero costume's pants, holding it out for Bakugo to take.

"What the hell is this?"

"Just take it you dumbass." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't call me a dumbass, dumbass!"

"Just open the fucking box!"

Katsuki grumbled under his breath as he threw the lid off the box, his hands freezing upon seeing what was inside.

"The ones the hospital gave are fine, or whatever. But these are custom-made for you and you're quirk. They'll make it so while you can still hear everything else, the sound of your explosions will be dimmed a bit. Hopefully, that'll protect your ears some more. And, not only are they made out of a special material that makes them hard to break, these ones go with your hero costume!"

 And, not only are they made out of a special material that makes them hard to break, these ones go with your hero costume!"

A/n ~ Not my art, I found it online lol <3

Katsuki carefully picked up one of the hearing aids, holding them up closer to get a better look at the orange "X" on it.

"How... When..."

"I had to pull a few strings. It helps to know so many heroes." I shrugged. "I was lucky, they were yesterday. I had asked Midnight if she could grab them for me so I didn't have to randomly disappear for an hour or something." I shrugged. "I called about them when I gave you that moment with your parents."

"Y/n..."

"Hey, Bakubro! Whatcha got there?" Denki asked, roughly throwing his arm around the blond's shoulders, seeming to have just grabbed his hero costume case from under the bus.

"None of your fucking business, dunce face!" Katsuki screamed at the boy as he looked into the box.

"Woah, are those new hearing aids? They look sick!"

"Get off me before ya break 'em!"

I rolled my eyes as Bakugo held the hearing aids close to his chest with one arm, using the other to forcefully shove Denki away from us.

"So, I know I made them purposely with the intent of you wearing them during a battle, but I will kill you if your dumbass somehow manages to break them."

"I might just let you..." Katsuki grumbled, switching out his hearing aids for the new ones.

"How do they look?" He asked, moving his head from side to side so I could properly see them.