Chapter 85

A/n ~ I'm baaaaack! Thank you all so much for your patience!! <3

"Y/n, you're back!" The girls cheered as the class walked into the dorm, all of my friends swarming me and tackling me in a group hug.

Katsuki and I had heard the group coming, so he decided to head up to his room to finally change out of his school uniform.

"Guys, I wasn't gone for that long." I chuckled.

"I'm so happy you're back! Bakugo was a nightmare without you here!" Denki whined, making me smirk.

"So, this must be the famous Sage. I've heard a lot about you." A tall, slender man with styled back hair and glasses walked over to us, a camera hanging around his neck. "Names Taneo Tokuda. I'm following around 1-A for the day. Just seeing what you're guys' every day seems to be like. I hear you're the class rep?"

"Yeah. I was out for some hero work, so I hope Iida and the rest of the class treated you well." I bowed my head.

"Oh, they were just fine. I got some great images that I'm sure my readers will love." I instantly perked up at this, remembering what Katsuki had told me earlier.

"I am so glad you mentioned that." I clapped my hands together. "Katsuki Bakugo. You have pictures of him?"

"Sure. I've got pictures of all of your classmates." He nodded, a curious glint in his eye.

I ignored my classmates' knowing eyes as I talked to the man. "Great! Is there a way you could send me Bakugo's pictures? I'd love to see them."

"Sure, I don't see why not. You want anyone else's?" Tokuda shrugged.

"Nah, I'll just take his."

"Ha, not dating my ass."

I promptly threw Denki onto a nearby chair, knocking the two back onto the ground for that remark.

~~

"The hero work studies are a more serious version of your internships. They entail helping pro agencies on the streets and with investigations. Your teachers and the principal discussed them at the faculty meeting. And we all agree. It's too soon. They should really be canceled."

"...WHAT?!" The class all shouted at Aizawa's news.

"Aw, but we already met about them!"

"I guess, when you think about why we had to move into the dorms, it does make sense," Denki mumbled after Kiri, fidgeting with Ojiro's tail. Katsuki then slammed his hands on the table, shooting out of his seat as he let out a mix of an evil and victorious laugh, probably grateful that he wouldn't be one of the only ones not able to do the work studies.

"But... some people think we won't be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of protective outlook. And with that in mind, the compromise is to be selective about participating agencies. So, choose one with a proven track record. Otherwise, you won't be taking part."

I stifled a laugh as Katsuki shakily bowed with a growl, shooting back up as he yelled "Damn it".

"Um, sir..." I hesitantly raised my hand."

"Girl Midoriya, you'll continue to work with me as per usual. I may not usually do work studies or even internships, but you've worked with me for years. You'll be good to continue."

I sighed in relief, a small part of me having been worried I would have to find a new hero to work for.

"Thank you, sir." I bowed my head.