Chapter 3

"And that's all the information that I have gathered." Ai-Chan finished telling everyone the whereabouts of F/N before he met them. She saw the contemplating looks on their faces.

"So he has High Honkai Adaptability as well?" Adam, having heard all the information asked as he was the first to speak up. "He... He's just like me!" He's not alone now!

"Really...?" Raiden Mei frowned at Adam who froze. "Out of everything that was told to us, that was the big takeaway for you?"

"Hey cut me some slack. I'm just happy that I won't be lonely." Adam wept as he wiped away some fake tears. "You know how hard it is being the only dude here?"

"Well, I can agree with what you said Ai-Chan. That man who is F/N's adoptive father is suspicious." Theresa said. "Why didn't he just leave him with other people? Why did he suggest F/N to journey? No sane person will let a 12-year-old go out alone with no guidance, even if F/N has High Honkai Adaptability."

"Correct. It's logical to think that my brother was abandoned." Amy L/N, the current Captain said coldly. "And it seems he's too innocent to understand that he was abandoned in the first place."

"Captain..." Theresa frowned as she saw the cold look on Amy's face.

"I'm just saying the truth. Like our parents, or to put it in simple terms, my brother's past reincarnation parents, this man is almost like them. Except he wasn't cruel like ours." Amy said with a scoff. "Adults can be cruel and kids can be naive." She looked at the live footage of F/N's room as she saw her big...no...little brother(?) sitting in bed with a Rubik's cube with a smile on his face. She found herself easing up by looking at his happy face, a small smile crept up on her face that even she didn't know.

"Captain is smiling...? Impossible." Adam whispered with shock. Amy's smile left her face as she glared at the male who put his hands up. "Nothing wrong with that Captain. Just saying that it's rare of you to smile, but a welcoming one as well." He smirked at her causing the girl to twitch her eye.

"Christine... You've been quiet about this situation the entire time. Is something wrong?" Kiana voiced towards the light brown-haired Valkyrie.

Christine Chryseis looked to have snapped out of whatever she was thinking as she heard Kiana's voice. She put up a fake smile towards Kiana, not out of spite but because she has to have a phone call with...someone.

"It's just that the name Ai-Chan told us. The one who raised my Kouhai."

"What is it?" Mei asked. "Have you heard that name before?"

"Heard?" Christine smiled as she pulled out her phone and showed everyone her wallpaper. In the photo was an older F/N followed by her and three others. Two of them wore their school uniforms just like she and F/N. And the other who had glasses and wore a coat. She pointed at the older man out of the five. "I've known him for a long time. He was a teacher who I knew alongside my Kouhai..."

"Well then...! Talk about a coincidence!" Adam said equally surprised as everyone else.

"Wait wait wait! This mysterious shadowy figure that we had no information about whatsoever until now who so happens to have raised the previous Captain is a measly High School teacher!?" Ai-Chan said with shock.

"And someone I need to talk to..." Christine dialed the number in her phone as she heard ringing.

"Can't this be a crazy coincidence?" Kiana asked everyone. "I mean...who knows how many people named Blake Blair exist in the world."

"Was this teacher of yours a blacksmith by any chance?" Ai-Chan asked Christine. "Because F/N said that his father was a blacksmith."

"Seems like it's the same person indeed." Christine's eye twitched.