surprise visit

Mentions of self-Harm!!

Giyuu has been staying at the Shinazugawa household for the last week or so, ever since he and Shinazugawa revealed they were engaged. He had been treated as if he'd always lived there. Sanemi's little siblings loved him, and Sanemi's mom was just as nice as Tsutako and his Own mother, the one who passed away when he was younger.

It kinda hurt to think about it. He and Tsutako had been given to their grandpa Urokodaki, he wasn't their real grandpa but damn he was close enough to one. He had to raise him, Tsutako and Sabito. Later after he took Giyuu and Tsutako in he took Makomo in. He and Sabito don't communicate as much as they did, that's only because he and Tsutako moved about four or five hours away when Giyuu got in middle school.

He and Sabito call and talk time to time, That's right! He hasn't told Urokodaki, Sabito or Makomo yet. How could he forget.

"Sanemi" Giyuu spoke "hm?" "We forgot to tell someone, about our engagement." This seemed to catch Sanemi's attention a little more "who?" Sanemi questioned.
"My other family", that's what the four always called each other. "Other family?" Sanemi didn't seem to understand what Giyuu meant, "uhm the people that took me and Tsutako in when our parents died."

----------------------------------------------------------

So that was it, they're going to the other side of Japan, a surprise visit, I guess. Tsutako and Kanae were going too, Giyuu decided to ask them if they wanted to tag along since the two would be going that way anyway.

So back on track this is what happened when they were leaving.

"You two text me when your halfway there okay" Shizu said with a warm smile. "Nemi can I please come!" Genya asked not wanting to be left with all the kids "no, you have to help ma around the house" Genya pouted at his response. "Genya shoo" Shizu shooed him off, she handed the Giyuu three plates wrapped in clear foil. "You two eat those on the way there, I know it's a long drive so just in case you two get hungry." Shizu ruffled Sanemi's hair before going on her tippy toes and kissing his cheek. Sanemi smiled at her "ma we'll be safe" God he was so majestic how did he fall for someone as dense as Giyuu... "I know I know it's just that you have never been this far from home before."

Sanemi gave her a hug. Giyuu bowed "Thank you for accepting me into your family mom" she smiled brightly at Giyuu. "Thank you for making my son happy Giyuu" she had one of those warm smiles that moms had while talking to their kid, it made his heart burn, barely with pain.

"You two get on the road now" she still had the same smile.

----------------------------------------------------------

The two left and got on the road, Giyuu ended up falling asleep about a half an hour into the drive. He had a blanket on him that Shizu gave the two before they left, the food was in his lap.

After they picked up Tsutako and Kanae they still had a few more hours left till they got to where they needed to be. It was around 10am when they left so by now it'd almost be twelve.

Tsutako and Kanae were the ones to disrupt the silence, talking and giggling.

Yeah, they left Kana, she said she could handle herself, plus there was food in the house. Plus, they were sure Deysha would be over a lot, so she wouldn't be alone...

About two hours into the drive the two girls were finally asleep, with a fluffy blanket they had bought from home.
Sanemi stopped for gas maybe once or twice, he doesn't remember.

----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe 3 hours in, they were almost there just a half an hour left. Sanemi stopped for a little snack and bathroom break by now, he was incredibly tired from all the driving, it was around five in the afternoon?

Who knows I wasn't keeping track.

They were around the block when Sanemi noticed that Tsutako was awake and on her phone. He nudged Giyuu as the turned on the road "Yuu were here" Sanemi said softly. Sanemi pulled into the driveway and Tsutako was waking up Kanae.

Giyuu woke up, stretched and wiped his eyes.
Sanemi had never been in this part of Japan so he would have to get used to being so far away from home.

They got out of the car once everyone had their stuff in hand. They made Giyuu knock. He knocked on the door and Makomo answered "Giyuu!" She basically threw herself on him, the height difference was... a lot. "Come inside!!" Makomo said once she stopped hugging Giyuu.

They all walked inside; it looked the same. Still neat and cozy looking, there was a little furniture that was new though. "Sabito! Urokodaki-san!" Makomo yelled. Sabito walked down the stairs with his eyes glued to his phone "what?" He said looking up before his eyes widened "Giyuu?! No way!" Sabito got downstairs a little faster before hugging him "Hey Tsutako" Sabito walked over to her and hugged her.

-----------after they all say they're hellos----------

"So, who are those two? The one looks like Kocho" Sabito said "well I'm her older sister Kocho Kanae!" She bowed with a polite smile, "Giyuu's Fiance, Shinazugawa Sanemi" Sanemi said "What! No way my little Bros getting married before me!" Sabito said referring to Giyuu as his little brother.

"Well, this is my girlfriend" Tsutako said pointing to Kanae with a calm smile. "What!! You guys are pulling before me!"

Makomo was sitting to the side with Urokodaki quietly watching all the chaos unload.

"Let me see your engagement ring Giyuu!" Giyuu out his hand out revealing the purple ring "Woah! Wow Giyuu is your Fiance rich or something?" Giyuu had his small awkward smile. Made Sanemi's stomach twist and turn just looking at it.

"Giyuu I'm proud of you for finding yourself" Urokodaki said.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sanemi and Urokodaki were alone in a room together, don't know how it happened. The old man said he wanted to talk to him, got his wish. "Thank you for coming into Giyuu's life and making him happy" Urokodaki said, and Sanemi gave him a confused look. "I don't know if he told you or not, but he used to harm himself, as a child" Sanemi hadn't known that. "He had depression as a child from bullies. Used to come home crying with a blooded face, thats why he and Tsutako moved" Urokodaki explained.

Sanemi stood and bowed "I'm glad I met him; you raised a good man" Sanemi said before walking off to where everyone else was.