Terushima Yuuji- Second Choice

Warnings: fake dating, slight angst, Terushima x Kiyoko, (M/N) x ??

(M/N)'s POV:

I sighed sadly, listening to my crush Terushima, talk about this girl from Karasuno who he apparently knew very well. Not that I don't believe him. It's pretty believable, seeing to the fact that he's a player. Yeah I know, falling for the playboy is never good. That's why I'm very surprised we're even talking so closely.

"So that's how we're going to get her back! Well I mean I am, obviously." He explained his mission to me. 

"So I'm supposed to date you, so she'll get jealous and want you back. Is that even believable?" I question him, though I wouldn't mind being seen with him, especially because he was openly bisexual and everyone knew that. Terushima will get into sheets with any person that breathes, but that won't stop me from crushing on him like half the people at Jozhenji. I'm honestly lucky he chose me to help him even if it was just for his benefit. Whatever. You only live once so fuck it!

"Yep. I'm sure it will work!" He grabbed my hands in his.

"Okay.." I spoke unsure, but I agreed nonetheless.

"Yess okay, lets post pictures that will surely make her jealous." He shot out that idea quickly.

"Okay, babe" I laughed, jokingly, though deep down my heart was breaking.

He snapped a picture of us. I smiled with my eyes closed as he kissed my cheek. 

This continued for around 5 minutes until he was pleased. 

_________________________________________ 

Around 3 months later, I was sitting in Yuuji's bed, listening boredly as he talked about Kiyoko still. I know right! But then his phone went off.

Kiyoko: Hey Yuuji. I think I still like you.

Terushima: I still love you Kiyoko, can we go out tomorrow

Kiyoko: What about (M/N) 

Terushima: He doesn't have to know

Kiyoko: ...Okay

"Score" He laughed, slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Why are you okay with 'cheating' on me even if it is fake?!" I ask, annoyed by his fuckboy behavior.

"It's not like we're dating anyway." He waved his hand, dismissing my feelings.

"You don't get it. I've got to go." I hopped off his bed, opening his bedroom door, though being stopped by a grip on his wrist.

"What's up with you? What don't I get?" He asked, eyes pleading for an answer.

"I like you Yuuji." I looked at the ground, tears threatening to fall. 

"Oh." He let go of my hand. 

"You think I would've thrown myself into this situation otherwise. I was hoping you'd fall for me during this 'thing'." I gestured between us, tears now beginning to drop onto the floor.

"I'm sorry." He apologized, though he technically did nothing wrong, but it felt right to say. 

"No I'm sorry. I've really got to go." I left, leaving him baffled in his doorway.

___________________________________

A couple months later again, Kiyoko and Terushima got back together, and things just weren't the same anymore. We'd make awkward glances in the hallways, and avoid each other at all costs. Of course I ruined the relationship, but I shouldn't have been sad it was never meant to happen. All he ever wanted was Kiyoko. Luckily though, I'd moved on to someone else. His name is Oikawa Toru. Clearly I have a type though, from one player to another, except this time it wasn't fake. I finally wasn't a second choice.

__________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. I couldn't do (M/N) x Terushima because I hate him so much, so I changed it up. Sorry to those who do like him, I respect your opinion. Please stay safe and healthy. Have a fine day/night! Love y'all <3

                      -Luna 🤭