Chapter 1: Arriving in 1885

Saturday November 12th 1955
9:50PM

Lightning and thunder was crashing around the outskirts of Hill Valley, Doc Brown and Chris McFly were inside the Flying DeLorean trying to avoid being struck by bolts of lightning down below on the ground Chris' older brother Marty McFly was watching them on worried as the tree next to him was just struck by lightning.

Doc, Chris are you guys okay?! Marty yelled into his walkie-talkie

That was a close one Marty, we almost bought the farm said Doc "Hold on Chris"

Right behind you, Doc said Chris as he put on his seatbelt

"Well be careful you don't want to get struck by-"

Then suddenly lightning struck the DeLorean and made it spin out of control, then the flux capacitor glowed and the speedometer hit 88 and then everything went black.

Chris and Doc then woke up with a huge headache, they looked outside and saw it was nighttime but it was so dark they couldn't figure what time period they landed in.

Doc!, are you okay? Chris asked

I'm fine said Doc

Where are we, Doc?, when are we? asked Chris

Let's check the time circuits said Doc

Doc checked the time circuit display which showed that the date was January 1st 1885, 12:00AM.

According to the time circuit display, we're somewhere outside Hill Valley, on the 1st of January, 1885, New Year's Eve said Doc

1885?!, you mean we're in the Old West?! said Chris shocked

Precisely said Doc

"How are we going to-"

Then suddenly the time circuits shorted out and died, Doc hit the time display trying to turn them back on, but nothing worked, Doc and Chris then got out of the DeLorean and decided to head into town to find clothes and shelter, as their 80's clothes didn't fit into the fashions of 1885 as they got out of the car Chris spotted something in the distance.

Doc what is that? asked Chris

It looks like a tribe of Indians!, Run! Doc exclaimed

Doc and Chris then ran for their lives as a tribe of Natives came riding towards them on horseback, as they came closer Doc and Chris jumped to the left and hid behind a large rock as they watched the Indians ride past them.

That was a close one said Chris

"You fellas lost?"

Doc and Chris looked and saw a young Irish man riding a carriage with a horse, he looked a lot like Chris' older brother Marty, he was a distant relative of the McFly family, Seamus McFly.

Uh Yes, we are, do you know the way to Hill Valley? asked Chris

Of course, but you can't exactly travel at this time of night, why don't I take you back to the farm and I'll take to town in the morning offered Seamus

Yes thank you very much said Doc

Never got yer names said Seamus

Oh yes, Emmett Brown said Doc introducing himself "and this is Chris my-"

Nephew, I'm his nephew said Chris

Nice to meet you, Mr. Brown, Chris, my name is Seamus, Seamus McFly said Seamus

Chris was surprised he was meeting his great-great grandfather, first he met his parents as teenagers in 1955, he heard his older selves voice in 2015, now he was meeting one of his ancestors. Seamus, Doc and Chris rode the horse carriage back to the McFly Farm, once they arrived he was greeted by Seamus' wife and Chris' great-great grandfather Maggie McFly she was 7 months pregnant and from what Chris knew about his family history, that meant that his great grandfather, William was soon to be born.

Seamus, you're late said Maggie

Sorry Maggie, lost track of time said Seamus

Who are they? Maggie asked curiously

They're the Browns, they'll be staying with us tonight said Seamus

Oh pleasure to meet you Mr. Brown, my name's Maggie and this little lad is our son William said Maggie

Doc and Chris then got settled in the barn next to the house, according to Seamus it was very comfortable space, Doc and Chris lied down on some haystacks and they both went to sleep

The Next Morning...
Thursday January 1st 1885
9:27AM

the next morning Doc and Chris walked into the small town of Hill Valley, they were surprised how small and different it was, the courthouse hadn't been built yet but the ground had broken so that the process of construction could begin, it was the kind of town from a classic Clint Eastwood Western movie, Doc and Chris came out a store that sold clothes from the era, Doc wore a white shirt, with a brown vest and coat and topped it off with a cowboy hat, while Chris wore a white shirt with suspenders and a cowboy hat, Doc even used the fabric from the shirt he wore and made it into a bandanna, he even did the same with Chris' Huey Lewis and the News t-shirt which he didn't mind as he had six more of those shirts back in 1985.

After getting new clothes and a bag to hold the rest of their 80's attire and other items Doc and Chris then spotted a large empty shack with a "For Sale" sign pinned to the door, it reminded Doc of his garage/house back in 1985.

Wow, this place is huge said Chris

"It sure is"

He turned to see a man with a top hat, it was the Mayor of Hill Valley Hubert Thomas.

You folks must be new to Hill Valley said the Mayor

Uh yes, we are, and we've been for a place to call home, how much would you say this place costs? asked Doc

About 125 dollars said Mayor Hubert

Doc then reached into the bag and pulled out his briefcase full of money from different time periods the last time he used this briefcase was in 1955 to give Marty and Chris money to buy their 50's attire, Doc got some cash from the 1884 column and gave it to the Mayor

We'll take it said Doc

later that night Doc and Chris were able to get the DeLorean inside the large shack and Doc then started to look into trying to fix the time circuits, Chris then looked through his black denim jacket and pulled out the mixtape he got from the Future, he looked over at Doc he thought about telling him about it but after the whole thing with the Grays Sports Almanac and everything getting messed up he figured he'll tell him when he's ready, so hid the tape back inside his jacket and started helping Doc with fixing the Time Machine.

There we go people, that was Chapter 1 hope you guys enjoyed, I'm only just getting started, Chapter 2 is on its way so stay tuned for that and also just to let you know Chapters 2-5 will focus on Doc and Chris' time in 1885, and Marty will appear in Chapter 6 - TheRetroKid