Chapter 4: Mad Dog Tannen

3 Months Later
Monday May 18th 1885
2:35PM

It's been four months since Doc and Chris landed in 1885 and things were going pretty good for them, the blacksmith business was booming and the entire shop was like an improved version of his garage house in 1985, he invented a special machine that was like a refrigerator, the one who was experiencing the most changes was Chris, he was getting a bit taller and his voice was starting to get deeper, he was starting to make that transition from being a kid to a teenager.

Chris was looking at a Polaroid photograph of him and his brother Marty taken on his 13th birthday on March 21st 1985, despite making new friends in this time period he still missed Marty, his parents and his friends back in his own time, thankfully Doc was currently coming up with a solution on how to get back to the present, he was currently drawing up ideas for a new Time Machine and assembling parts to make another Flux Capacitor.

While Doc was going over his ideas for his new Time Machine he suddenly heard a loud banging on the door, then he and Chris hid the DeLorean with a tarp then suddenly the big doors swung open and it was a man and his companions on horseback, but this was no ordinary man, Chris and Doc knew immediately who this was, Biff Tannen's great-grandfather Buford Tannen or as he's known in the papers and history books Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen.

You're a blacksmith, right? asked Buford

Yes, I'm a blacksmith why? said Doc

My horse needs a new horseshoe, got back from Pine City, you think you could do the job? asked Buford

Doc wanted badly to say no, but he didn't want to risk altering history so he reluctantly agreed to change his horse's horseshoes, after an hour or two Doc gave Buford's horse a new horseshoe and Buford Tannen left with his gang of friends.

Later that night...
Buford and his goons come out from the saloon after another night of poker, dancing girls and drinking , Buford came out with a bottle of whiskey from Kentucky which he had to get from Chester the bartender after he threatened him at gunpoint, Buford then got on his horse, but before he could ride away his horse got spooked by a snake and started acting out which it's horseshoe fly off his hoof , this caused him to drop his bottle of whiskey which shattered into pieces and he fell off his horse

You okay, boss? asked one of Buford's goons

I'm fine, you varmit! said Buford

Buford then got out his gun and shot his horse dead out of anger and frustration, he then looked to see his bottle of Kentucky Red Eye Whiskey shattered into a million pieces and he was pissed.

At Doc's shop..
Doc was working on a design to his new Flux Capacitor with Chris who had an idea for making a locomotive into a Time Machine, but Doc said it'd be scientifically impossible to make.

Come on, Doc I think it'd be a really cool time machine said Chris

Yes it would be a really cool Time Machine but it's just scientifically impossible to make said Doc "besides the technology to help build such a device won't be invented for another ten years"

Then suddenly the large doors swung open and Buford Tannen and his goons came inside they then started destroying things around the lab, such as beakers and test tubes, they thought about destroying the tarp-covered object which was The DeLorean but decided not to, they knocked Doc to the ground and Buford held his gun to his head, then Chris went to help but got held by Buford's gang

Let me go, you bastards!! Chris yelled

You listen here, blacksmith your horseshoe was a faulty one and it just caused me a rare bottle of whiskey and my horse said Buford "lucky for you and your little runt I'm a very merciful guy, you find a way to repay me or one of these days you'll find yourself dead as a cowbell"

Doorknob, Buford, dead as a doorknob said one of Buford's goons

Come on boys said Buford

Buford and his gang then left leaving Doc and Chris a bit stunned despite Buford's threat, they weren't going to let him get to them.

There we go folks that was Chapter 4, I hope you guys it enjoyed, Chapter 5 is on its way so stay tuned for that - TheRetroKid