23. THE BIG FIVE.

LULAMA

When Bangizwe said he was going to send a letter to my mom I thought he meant weeks later, not days later but exactly that Saturday afternoon I recieved a call from my mother and to say she was ecstatic would just be me putting it mildly.

I was with him when she called and boy did the call pump up his ego. Since then, my representatives have been able to send back a date for the negotiations to the Mdlalose family and exactly a month later, I'm just a week from becoming someone's wife. Sometimes I zone out and ask myself if this is really happening. If this is really me whose feeling this much loved. I would have never thought  that

I appreciate that he didn't rush into doing this just after we met or I might have had different feelings and thoughts about this whole thing. I'm glad that I got to know him and spend time with him before taking this big step and now that we are taking it, I know for sure that I love this man and it's not just about fulfilling a duty.

On the other side, I've been out there enjoying my new whip. The crew went all kinds of crazy when they saw it, just as my big sister did. I'm enjoying the freedom of driving wherever I want to, whenever I want to and this weekend I'm driving this convertible to mommy, she knows about it but she hasn't seen it yet.

Currently I'm on my way to meet with Nandi, Khanyisa, Ona and Liyana for drinks. I was added to the family group chat for the ladies and Khanyisa suggested this, all others were game and I think it's time I really get to know them beyond the first name basis we are currently rocking with.

It's a Friday and I'm in my formal from work so I make a quick dash to my place to get freshen up and change for the night out with the Mdlalose ladies. The location is sent on the group and and as soon as I'm ready I rush back out. The chosen place is a fancy restaurant and I'm glad I put on heels with my pants to fit the look.

I look around and that's when I see the four waving at me. I immediately walk over to them and they all get up for hugs. I take my seat next to Liyana and we all exchange greetings. The waiter brings over the drinks menu for me as the others already have their drink.

"Wait, I need another one of these," Liyana says to the guy and Ona does the same.

"Why do I feel like this is going to be a long night," Khanyisa says.

"Hayi, I've missed these kind of drinks, yooo even my system can feel it," Liyana says.

"Same here, it's been so long. I missed this," Ona says.

"Wee, Khanyisa, I forsee danger here. Will you be able to carry these two out the car when you get home?" Nandi asks jokingly.

"Ha.a, whoever is losing their step tonight will sleep in the car. Infact, it's a good thing that the men are together  too so they will help me carry them out,"

"I can't imagine that they will have energy after watching three babies. And wena makaThando, why are you not drinking?" Liyana asks Khanyisa.

"One of us needs to be sober, right? So the designated driver gets it," She raises her mojito glass with a slight smile.

"Hmmm, are you sure it's not happening again?"

"What?no way, it's way too soon and with everything that's going on, now isn't the time to have another baby yet,"

"What's going on?" Ona asks and Khanyisa immediately looks like she regrets saying that. It's a slight moment but I do catch the slight frown that she's quick to hide. There's definitely something there.

"Arggh, just work things... It can take a toll on us sometimes," She brushes it off.

"Anywho, what about you two? Are we all still getting along?" Liyana turns her attention to Thandi and I, clearly coming through for Khanyisa because I catch them sharing a quick glance at each other.