16 ~ HOME

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

WHO would have thought that the peaceful and majestic lake in front of them was only formed because of the lava when the volcano erupted a long time ago?

The place is surrounded by greens and pine trees. Laying from afar was a lush mountain. The images of skies above reflected on the clear water just a few meters away from them.

It was such a hidden spot. She have learned to realized that the more the place is hidden, the more it looks dreamy and it's easier to feel the serenity.

They are sitting above the picnic blanket. Rashid is behind her and she's in between his legs. Nakasandal ang likod niya sa matipunong dibdib nito. Nakayapos naman ito sa kanya habang binibigyan ang balikat at pisngi niya ng magagaan na halik.

A few days before the auction, they decided to go to Zambales to unplug and unwind. Then, he brought her in that lake.

"I had no idea about the history of this place. I'm amazed that you told me 'bout this."

"...it used to be a farm before the volcano erupted. The lava blocked the drainage of the river that made this place a freshwater lake."

"The volcano eruption surely terrified those people who lived here."

"Many people died in that cataclysmic eruption."

"This is like... a beauty after the catastrophic."

Valeska couldn't help but to compare her life in that freshwater lake. It was created because of the largest eruption. And after all the disaster, agony and miseries, in the end, the place became astonishing, pleasant, and it gives people tranquility. There was no sign of tragedy. It was replaced by a soothing lake.

Like how she lived her life during the toughest season of her existence. There were tears, darkness and sorrow, but she decided to win her own battles and be resilient with the hope that one day, she would bloom again into a beautiful flower after being withered.

Katahimikan at kaginhawaan ang nangingibabaw na damdamin sa kanyang dibdib. It was the place that made her feel like that. But she also couldn't deny that being wrapped by Rashid Montecarlo's arms is like her oasis of calm.

"What is this tattoo all about?" He gently hold her left wrist while caressing her tattoo there using his thumb.

It's a blooming lotus. Inked at the middle part of her left wrist. Above the flower is the word "solandis" in Alibata.

"I had this before I left Solandis."

Hindi pa rin siya gano'n ka-komportable na mag kwento sa kasintahan ng tungkol sa Solandis. Kahit na medyo may pag-aalinlangan siya, may parte sa puso niya na gustong mag bahagi rito ng tungkol sa sugat ng nakaraan niya.

They are just new in a relationship and they just started to get to know each other better. Na-i-kwento niya na kay Rashid ang buhay niya sa France at ang dahilan ng paglipat niya sa Pilipinas.

While, on the other hand, he'd rather talk about his line of work and his future plans for Los Oculto. His favorite part is when he teases her about pregnancy. That's when their life story conversation ended... to also lightened up the ambiance before she gets too emotional.

She knows that he's curious about Solandis because she's been talking about it most of the time. The good thing is, he never try to ask what is Solandis about or how she got there. He's patiently waiting for her to open up to him when she's ready.

Gustung-gusto niya na hindi siya nakakaramdam ng anomang bigat kapag kasama si Rashid. She has her own secret and he never made her feel pressure to tell it to him. He respects her choices so much.