Chapter 34(you saved me, again)

Jenna POV
Daryl went with rick and Glenn on a run so I started helping some of the girls around the prison.

We helped pick up everyone's cells and cleaned around the parlor.

It's been pretty quite all day, occasionally Merle would walk by and nod in my direction, or Carl would run around and ask for something to do.

I decided to go down to the creek and wash some clothes, even though Merle advised against it.

I gathered everybody's dirty clothes and started to head down to the creek.

As soon as I got down there I heard foot steps behind me. "Merle I can handle myself." I said turning around.

A walker lunged at me and pushed me down the hill into the water. I screamed and the walker jumped on top of me pushing me under the water.

I finally was able to push the walker up and got to breathe.

I only had a pistol on me but it was on the shore by the basket of dirty clothes.

The walker was starting to fall apart in the water. It's skin was falling off of the bone, it's skin and flesh on it's face was falling off and it made it look more like a skeleton.

It's hands grabbed at my jacket viciously and I couldn't keep a hold of the creature to keep it a safe distance away.

The walker had it's yellow disease baring, smelly teeth just inches from my face. I didn't just want to give up but I didn't have a way out of this, it's just going to cause more attention to be drawn to me.

All of a sudden a bullet flew through it's head and the creature fell on top of me.

I pushed it off and stood up in the water. I looked at the shore and Merle was standing there.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek and I climbed onto the land. He walked over at sat next to me.

"It's okay princess, you're safe now." He patted my shoulder and went to stand up but I jumped up and hugged him around his waist.

"You saved me, again." I said as I pushed my head to his chest.

"I guess I did." I could hear the laughter in his voice.

Why did this keep happening? Every time I was on the brink of death, somehow Merle would en up saving me. Every damn time.

"You wanna let go?" He asked trying to pull away.

"No, not yet." I said hugging him tighter.

"How about you let go and I'll stay down here while you finish up the laundry?" He looked down at me and I nodded.

I wiped the wetness from my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Thanks." I said laughing.

He sat down and sighed.

"What?" I asked dunking one of Hershel's shirts into the water.

"Nothing, it's just.. Nice out here." He said looking at his boots.

"Wow, didn't know you had a soft spot for the weather." I said laughing.

"I meant the view." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

Daryl POV
I drive the car up to the gates and carol opens them.

I put the car back into gear and slowly drive it up to the main doors.

I have to find Jenna, I got something for her at the store.

"Hey Carl, know where Jenna is?" I asked looking behind him.

"Her and Merle are by the creek outside the gates."

Dammit, I hate when she goes down there. And why with merle? I think those two have been getting too close lately.

I run to the fence and open it just enough to slip out. When the creek comes into view I see Jenna kneeling by the water washing a shirt and Merle sitting behind her.

Is he looking at her?

"Hey asshole!" I yell walking up to them.

"Oh hey Daryl, I didn't know you were back yet." Jenna said smiling at me.

But I didn't pay her any attention.

I walked right up to Merle and punched him in the jaw.

"What the fuck Daryl!" Jenna said running up to Merle.

"What was that for baby brotha?" Merle said wiping the blood from his mouth.

"What the hell are you two doing down here?" I asked pointing at them.

"I'm doin laundry." Jenna said helping Merle stand up.

"That's not what I meant! What are you two doing down here together?, and why are your clothes wet?" I asked looking at her.

"Jenna was down here by herself and a walker pushed her down the hill into the water, I saved her." Merle said spitting blood from his mouth.

"Daryl! Are you jealous?" Jenna said laughing.

I guess I was. I've never been the jealous type though.

"You are! Are you serious?" Jenna said putting her hands on her hips.

"I have a good reason to be, with you two getting so close all the time." I pointed at them again.

I turned around and went to walk back up the hill but someone grabbed my arm, I whipped around expecting to be face to face with Merle again.

Instead I turned around and Jenna's lips crashed onto mine. It was pure pleasure, all of my worry and jealousness left.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled away.

"You're really jealous dixon?" She asked as she kissed the tip of my nose.

Merle huffed and walked up the hill towards the prison.

I turned back around and Jenna pulled her face to mine again, our lips were about half and inch away and I closed my eyes.

But when I opened them she smiled and loosened her grip on my neck.

"Tease." I grunted under my breath at her.

"I know." She winked at me and grabbed the basket of now wet clothes.

"See you at dinner." She said before walking towards the gate.

Why does she have this impact on me? She can have me pissed off and wanting to kill someone one minute, and the next minute I want to push her up against a tree and make her cry my name.

Seen as she likes to be a tease and play with me, I'm going to figure out a way to get her back.